Blew my top last night.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ironwolf, Mar 30, 2016.

1. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

I say no, you did not overreact. IMO of course.

2. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

image.jpeg
    Wow! That is so advanced! Most of us Yanks still talk to each other through soup cans connected by a string.:D

3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Naw, he just called the next person on his list. Pretty sure he has heard it many, many, times.
    Next time: Why should I care about my Computer when after I hang-up I'm going to kill myself?
    Or: Somebody called me last week about that very same thing! Was that you?

4. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

There are several computers in use here, 8 Macs/PCs in the studio 2 for my daughter Macs/PC, 1 online for my wife PC when I get this call from a foriegn country telling me that I have a virus I ask, "which one?" to which the stock reply is, "the windows machine" and I say I have 10 + computers , if you tell me I have a virus then you can tell what IP address has this virus, and then the line goes dead,........... Was it something I said?

tecelaster likes this.
  5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I could use the same line here as I have a full domain with multiple servers, desktops, laptops, and OSes. However, the problem was the time of the call, 12:10 am combined with my mother being in a care facility. Not at all conducive to keeping my cool.

24 track likes this.
  6. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I know the USA is behind the times, but we have caller ID as well. Problem is the scammers have ways to present any phone number they want, even your own number, and often old disconnected numbers. Same scammers can call back with different fake number each time. Now I'm out to put a new wooden wheel on my ox cart and paint the outhouse...

7. teletubby25

teletubby25 Tele-Meister

After midnight! F those effing mother effers. You did nothing wrong, and your comment was perfect. I am sorry for language but this happens a lot here in ct. It is the reason I keep the house phone, only friends get the cell no., oh and I've had telemarketers call my cell phone too, they got the same treatment as you gave them.

8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I get one where they always ask, "Is the lady of the house there?" I tell them there is no lady in my house. Then they say, "Well, OK, we'll talk to you." It's some kind of fund raising. I told them never to call me again. They did. I asked to talk to their supervisor. I got him and had him tell me what his company was, His name, what their address is, a contact phone number and their non-profit ID number. After I got it, I told him that if they ever called my number again, I was going to report them for making harassing phone calls.

I haven't heard from them in a while.

9. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I get these from time to time. On the rare event that I happen to actually pick up the call, I simply hang up and don't give it another thought. It makes zero impact on me in any way. I consider it certainly not worth getting angry over

10. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Got to mellow down easy baby, before you blow your top......

11. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

It was a bit harsh. He was probably hoping to keep that monkey business with his mum under wraps.

Ash Telecaster likes this.
  12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I always say that I am anti-computer and don't have one, then hang up. I hope none of them secretly watch TDPRI and catch on that I'm lying.

13. skippolony

skippolony Tele-Meister

:D :D :D I wasn't trying to be funny but all the replies on this thread are from the USA and nobody mentioned any way
    of stopping these annoying calls so I really was trying to be helpful, sorry if it didn't come across like that :(

14. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Trying to rip people off is not a dignified way to make a living.

15. overlock

overlock Tele-Afflicted

I usually ask them to call me back on the other line because this phone isn't near the computer. I keep the number of a premium-rate chat line handy for them. But I'm thinking I might try the crime scene trick some time. Or maybe "Thank Heaven you called! I keep getting this General Protection Fault every time I open WordPerfect ..."

16. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Last call of that genre I received I told the caller his mother would be ashamed that she had raised a thief. That's about 3 months ago.

17. Boyd

Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Yes, you over-reacted. Don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the number. And if you do answer for some reason, just hang up immediately. I refuse to give these people one second of my time.

I just don't understand people who waste time insulting or playing with telemarketers. Do you really have nothing better to do? Or maybe you have some need to prove you are superior to them?

18. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

What I have a need for is reacting to a call attempting to commit theft at 12:10 am while I have my mother in a care facility.

19. vintagelove

vintagelove Tele-Meister

That's why everyone needs a hundred watt amp.

Can you hold on one second sir... Phone to speaker...

LPBlue and skippolony like this.
  20. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted

I was working for a company one summer and one day I had to wait around in a service truck for 4 or 5 hours. I found this CD in the truck by Tom Mabe, I had never heard of him but I was board so I put it in the player. I couldn't stop laughing.

One of the funniest is he randomly prank called hotel room number late at night at hotel where they were having a convention for telemarketers. It was one of the funniest damn things I had ever heard.

I've also heard the one about the crime scene.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.