Blackvibe build in the near future

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jsnwhite619, Nov 14, 2019.

1. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

A friend who gigs a lot asked what I could come up with that had the most clean Fender tone in the smallest package. What I'm looking at doing is building a 6L6 Blackvibe on a 6g2 chassis, Allen TP40D power transformer (180mA) that should be a drop-in fit, a Hammond 1760J Bandmaster OT (4k, 40 watts & multi-tap), and probably a Legend 1258 all tucked into a 17"x19" 1x12 combo.

Thoughts or suggestions other than what I have planned so far?

Snfoilhat likes this.
  2. mjcyates

mjcyates Tele-Meister

That sounds like a great amp. Only thing I might do differently is make it a 10" speaker and go with the WGS G10C. That speaker to me sounds as good if not better than a 12".

jsnwhite619 likes this.
  3. KPAE

KPAE TDPRI Member

I've got an Allen TP40D transformer I'd be glad to sell you at a very reasonable price, slightly used, but works great! I made a similar build a couple of years ago, but the transformer is actually so physically large it just didn't work for my cabinet. I don't have any plans for anything that would use so much iron, I'd love to pass it on so it can conduct again! PM me for details.

jsnwhite619 likes this.
  4. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

Honestly, I've gotten where I like really good 10's more than 12" speakers lately. But he is a 12" fan. I could probably convince him otherwise with the right setup, but it doesn't matter either way for me. I'll definitely demo it with my Ragin Cajun before it leaves my hands.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

5. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a package that is just a bit bigger than that....about 18h x 24w.....a Pro Sonic 2 x 10 cab. It houses a 1964 Showman(2x10) with two EVI Force speakers in it.....small with a big clean sound. 85 clean watts in a DR sized package.

Paul G. likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.