Blackstar Studio 10 6L6 - Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by NateD81, Oct 8, 2019.

1. NateD81

NateD81 Tele-Meister

I’m considering picking one up - anyone have one of these? I’ve never had a Blackstar amp - slightly worried about reliability since this will be my only amp. I don’t gig - just play at home and record, so it won’t move once I get it. Any thoughts?

2. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I'm curious as well. Considering a Blackstar for my next amp.

BTW...the Studio 10 KT88 is $100 less than the other versions on MF.

3. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

I’m close I have the Blackstar Artist AE 10watt anniversary 6L6. Control layout is the same. Not sure if they are the same but they look similar besides color. I like mine a whole lot. She keeps up with my band at rehearsal. Without the on board overdrive I can get nice some cleans out of it with my Strats. Click that overdrive pedal and she comes alive. Comparing the pics online to mine. It looks like the same amp with the exception that mine is black. Great amp.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 8:06 PM
  4. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I think they just changed the names and aesthetics. They look the same to me too.

I think Blackstar is good bang for the buck especially feature wise, but I just can’t get past that it’s sounds to me that the dirt channel feels like stepping in a pedal.

CDox likes this.
  5. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

There is a def boost with the built in overdrive. I play it on 10 only and installed a UK Greenback in mine. Much better. I run it with the built in OD, Maxon D&S II or my 808. Depends on the mood for which I’m gonna use. Mainly my ‘77 Maxon, I do love that pedal. For rehearsal it suits my needs as my Ac15 and 30 are just way too loud for our rehearsal space. I save those for stage but the greenback def made this amp much better then that 70/80 that was in it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 9:39 PM
  6. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

I just got an AC10 Tuesday. That might be a better option for you. Something to consider anyways. I brought it to rehearsal this past Wednesday. I’m mainly a Vox player besides my Blackstar which I do like a lot but I think it will be sitting for a while. The Vox has Great tone out of the box.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 10:13 PM
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.