BlackStar SilverLine

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Strato50, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Looks like a decent deal at 549.00. That’s a better price than what Fender is offering. I like the looks better as well they went with something more original. Anyone tried or own one. I’m not in the market for one but they seem pretty cool and price friendly.

2. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I have the old 40cents a sheet of music to I Hear you Knockin' by Welsh singer/guitarist Dave Edmunds (recently retired ) and on the cover of that sheet music he has an Eko and once stated that he used an L-6S direct when recording.
    Anyway what about the great Japanese brands like Greco, Burny, Fernandez, Ibanez, Profile , Tokai, Aria Pro 11 , Yamaha??
    To be limited and say only US guitars are good seems a little narrow to me. I would buy Burny, Greco and Fernandez over a Gibson any day.These were made in the 70s. The early Ibanez Les Pauls were lawsuits as they were a threat to Gibson's sales as they were just as good and cheaper. Saw John Fogerty in 1973 play a whole show with one, only bringing out his Gibson Black Beauty for the encore.We bought them here for $160 AUD ( about 2 weeks wages.)They were fantastic and now the above- mentioned lawsuit guitars retail primarily from Japan at reasonably higher prices.

3. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Error: Not mine this time. This was supposed to be in the post Every brand except a POS... thread.
    Sorry folks, not my fault it landed here. The posts are way apart on the list.o_O

rangercaster likes this.
  4. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

i think the $850 price for the 2-12 combo is crazy when the older tvp id260 was $500. I think the only diff with the silverline is the diff speakers. The layout is the same and the footswitch and effects loop thing is same as well(why i dont know as both were silly) - seek oiut the tvp260 if you want the stereo combo used for a better deal..even new the tvp 260 is a better deal. Yea they both used sharc processors just the tvp didnt push advertising on it cause it was before the whole modeling push of SHARC ADVERTS ON OTHER MODELRS.

Shuster likes this.
  5. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

6. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

W0W FREDDYS hair has grown.

Shuster likes this.
  7. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

Shuster likes this.
  8. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I think that is exactly what it is, in a new suit!

9. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

and a higher price

Shuster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.