1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blackstar HT-Dual

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Capel, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Capel

Capel Tele-Holic

Hey all... anybody got an informed opinion on the Blackstar HT-Dual pedal????
    Cheerz...

2. Negrita Norman

Negrita Norman TDPRI Member

Yep! I bought one yesterday and it's fantastic. Sounds great and got all you need to get your gain and crunch going. It's a warm and full tone just like in the old days. I've got a Fender Blues Deluxe RI and they match eachother just perfectly. I'm very very happy with it. I think all Blackstar pedals are great.

3. Surfy

Surfy TDPRI Member

Hey Negrita- how would you say the two channels of the HT-Dual compare? I'm interested to know if they are actually two separate gain stages (overdrive and distortion) or if one is just a boost for the other.

4. Negrita Norman

Negrita Norman TDPRI Member

Yep! They are separeted and doesn't blend. The first channel comes with a clean/crunch switch and with the second one you can get more lead. The sound of the two channels is similar in their character and they act like a overdrive and a distortion. It's very versatile. I use channel one for general playing with comp, riffs and licks and sometimes when I want some extra bite I kick in the second one for solos or other more distict riffs.

Sorry for my late replay :oops:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.