Blackstar Artist 15 vs HT20

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by BlazOfAllPeople, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:

Artist 15 vs HT20

1. Artist 15

85.7%
  2. HT20

14.3%
  1. BlazOfAllPeople

BlazOfAllPeople TDPRI Member

Hello, can tell me the difference between the Artist 15 and the HT20 and which you'd prefer (are the HT20 and HT40 the same, except for wattage?), and also if they're suitable for home use?

2. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

The Artist 15 is much subtler imho. I nearly bought one but went for the Vox AC15C1 instead - the Artist ran it close.
    For me the HT20 is much too high-gain. But then I was look for crunch from the amp, not metal-type distortion-- so YMMV!

3. BlazOfAllPeople

BlazOfAllPeople TDPRI Member

How loud is the artist?

4. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

I only tried it at 'shop volumes', I couldn't say how it's 15W compare to the Vox. But the Vox can get much too loud for home use!

5. JORear

JORear Tele-Meister

I play through a HT40. The 40 watts can get loud, but there is a master volume so it can be played at low volumes. My amp sounds best turned up around 12 to 1 o'clock. I use a Bad Monkey pedal for light dirt on my clean channel. When I need more, I use the amps distortion channel. The HT40 has a button on both the clean and dirt channel to change tones. It's like having 2 extra channels. I don't think the HT20 has this. Sweetwater was running specials on the HT60. The ht20 wasn't much cheaper than the other models.
    My pedals: Boss ch-1 chorus, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibenez TS-1 Keeley Mod Half Baked, TC Electronics Flashback and Polytune. I believe I can get whatever sound I want from my pedal board and HT40 from classic rock to country to metal.
    This video was the reason I gave BlackStar a chance.

6. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I've got an HT20. Can confirm, it does not have this.

I don't know anything about the Artist, but the HT20 is a nice amp with a volume range similar to a Blues Jr.

7. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

And can play beautiful cleans.

8. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

I own a Artist 15. I dont know your intentions but for home use is too loud. Nevertheless you have a máster. Check a review that i have posted some days ago. For just home use the htr1 head with 112 cab is the bbest option. Headphones, mp3 inputs. 1W is a lot for home.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.