1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blackstar Amp Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by tjk3052, Feb 1, 2010.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

[​IMG]

Cliffyg62 likes this.
  2. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Just got a HT1R about a week or so ago. Bought it as a travel amp - we spend three months a year down south in the winter in a really small place, so a small, good at low volume amp is the order of the day. Had a Vox Adio, which is an excellent little THR type modeling amp, but I wasn’t using the modeling or effects capabilities of that amp. And it’s a good sounding amp and a decent pedal platform, but I thought I could do better for my needs. Tried an Orange Crush 20 and the HT1R and really like the HT1 a lot more.

I’m a low volume player anymore to begin with and my main amp at home is a Blues Cube Hot, which I love, but the HT1R sounds very close to as good, even with the little 8” speaker. It’s not like I’m letting the Blues Cube’s 12” speaker really breathe at the volumes I play at anyway. The Blues Cube isn’t going anywhere, but if I’d had the HT1R before I’d played the Blues Cube, I might never have bought the Roland. I’m playing it basically clean with a small pedal board in front, so I don’t really need the gain channel or the reverb, but they’re there I’d i ever decide to use em...

-Ray

Cliffyg62 and cincyguitarplay like this.
  3. grim83

grim83 Tele-Holic

Guess i never posted this picture in here. My 3 blackstars, a fly3, ht1, and a ht20. I started with the fly and it has become a bit of an addiction lol 20180210_161536.jpg

4. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I do have an HT-40 club series, the previous gen. Looks like all the others but sounds great. It has digital reverb instead of a pan. That’s why I bought my tweed blues jr.

Cliffyg62 likes this.
  5. ladave

ladave Tele-Holic

HT1RH with good headphones makes me very happy.

6. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Studio 20 Head - giggity
    [​IMG]

1 watt HT1 Head - This is becoming my favorite evening practice head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cincyguitarplay likes this.
  7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

^^sweet rig!

8. cincyguitarplay

cincyguitarplay Tele-Meister

The HT1 can get loud when played thru a 4x12..very loud...even thru 1X12....:)

9. basher

basher Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A couple of weeks ago I spent a merry hour or so in GC playing an HT Club 40 MkII. It was a little more than I was looking to spend, so I shopped around a bit and found a deal on the older version. I think I even like it better than the MkII.

I've ordered the matching external speaker cab too. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

IMG_1553.JPG

Chunkocaster and Gabrielle84 like this.
  10. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

I picked a HT-1 Metal Head a while back that I run through various different cabs.
    [​IMG]

Yesterday I picked this beauty - a HT-5R Mini Stack in Arctic White.
    [​IMG]

Chunkocaster and basher like this.
  11. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

Just bought this beauty to compliment the ones above (should be here Friday)

Blackstar HT-5TH 2x10 Combo (5th Anniversary Limited Edition)
    [​IMG]

schenkadere and Chunkocaster like this.
  12. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I bought a Blackstar HT5r head a few months ago on a sale and scored a matching 1x12 used local for $100 bucks. Sounds great. I've got a spare vintage 30 lying around and will get around to changing the speaker out soon. My fly 3 was a gateway amp which prompted the purchase.

20190912_115707.jpg

13. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Whats the verdict on the MKI vs MKII? I have sights on a HT-5 with a V30 but if the MKII is that much improved , I may wait. I'm not super interested in the voicing stuff or the USB interface, but an improvement in the dirt circuit and a better reverb may sway me. Thanks!

14. schenkadere

Gorgeous...did you find that NOS?

15. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

Yeah a local store had it locked away in its store room and had forgot about it till I showed the owner the white stack and he remembered having the combo. A hour of searching through the stockroom and she was mine for £300 (roughly the price they go for 2nd hand on evilbay) I've got some NOS Mullard and Amperex 12ax7's that I'm going try out in the preamp stage.

16. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

I have a Blackstar Fly 3 that I modified with a more efficient Neodymium speaker and mounted a pair of Schaller guitar strap locks so that I can wear the amp while playing. With the speaker mod, the amp is louder and sounds better to my ears.
    IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG

perttime and greebo830 like this.
  17. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Tele-Holic

I have a trio of HT-1 heads with 1x12 cabinets. Three different looks: standard black, bronco tan (Musician's Friend special), and blonde (Sweetwater special). I've been considering selling them, but they made for a really good W/D/W rig with stereo effects for experimentation. They sound really good and are as simple as it gets.

18. schenkadere

I’m considering the HT-20 MkI. I like a neutral clean like JC. Don’t need the voice options. I like the control layout much better on the front of the amp.

The thing holding me back is the dirt channel sounding very pedal-like. The dirt from my Randall RD5 is awesome so I’m also looking at their RD20 for the two channels. 20 watts is more than I need but I’m tired of knob fiddling for a clean through a 5W amp.

I use a comp, boost and delay. That’s all. I want dirt from my amp. When it’s right, it just sounds and feels so much better to me than pedals.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.