1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blackstar Amp Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by tjk3052, Feb 1, 2010.

1. 4seven3

4seven3 TDPRI Member

My HT1-R and Fly3! [emoji869][emoji869][emoji106]

[​IMG]

stratoman1 and Cliffyg62 like this.
  2. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Started really messing around with my fly3 tonight and finally figured it out. Great sounding little amp. Considering trying to run it into the effects loop of something more powerful and see if I can get the tones I found through a bigger speaker. Never really tried working it like an amp before and set the speaker at ear level. Got some nice sounds out of it... nice work blackstar.

asnarski and 4seven3 like this.
  3. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

Spare room, soon to be guitar room 20160823_213354.jpg amp

emisilly likes this.
  4. stratoman1

Living room amp, club 40 canon 2147.JPG

Oops, wrong pic

emisilly and Cliffyg62 like this.
  5. stratoman1

Living room amp. Sorry about the crappy pic

Attached Files:

6. claes

claes Tele-Afflicted

In the club. Sold all tubeamps when I moved to an apartment. Couldn't stay away so I bought fame champ clone. But the volume is really insane before you get some grit. Built a isolation cab, still insane volume. Got a few pedals but no love. So I bought the Ht-1R head today. Atleast the volume is ok now. How we get along remains to be seen.

4seven3 likes this.
  7. Theslack5

Theslack5 Tele-Meister

just bought myself a 4x8 cab to go with my HT 1rh going to use it in the studio this weekend instead of my blues junior. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.

8. stratoman1

I like the 2voicing on the reverb. Nice touch Blackstar

9. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Just bought a used ID30 TVP at a price I couldn't refuse (incidentally, from a guy that used to play with John Bonham). Great amp, home use only, but almost too many knobs to tweak and - worst of all - I can't see the lettering on the fascia in dimmed light, so I'm considering getting a Champion 40 instead (or a Super Champ). I don't need all the voices, effects, memories and presets, in the amp - I'd rather have a simple, clear layout, good cleans and a Zoom G3n. Alternatively, I could play with glasses and a head torch!

Cliffyg62 likes this.
  10. stratoman1

How do you like the cab ? I've been thinking about getting one

11. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

Cliffyg62 likes this.
  12. grim83

grim83 Tele-Holic

IMG_20161217_161716942.jpg
    One of my Christmas presents lol. I love my little fly 3 so when these were being blown out I knew I had to have one. It needs a speaker swap as the stock rocket 50 is not very good. When I get a chance I think I'll rob the 63 Jensen c12 out of my other amp and try it out in this bad boy. I've been becoming a bit of a blackstar fanboy recently lol. Almost pulled the trigger on a ht1r recently but talked myself out of it as I don't "need" it and it would take away from my trade stash.

13. perttime

perttime Tele-Afflicted

Does it count when I just bought a Blackstar Ht-Dual tube pedal that I will use by the speaker emulated output through whatever sound system happens to be available: computer speakers, home stereo...

Sounded promising when I checked that it is in working order.

I suppose I will also try it through my Session solid-state amp.

14. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

I have the ht1r but i need something to gig at small places . Thinking in htr5 or ht5210. Same price as blues cube. Need for country cleans. Any big diff between them. ?

15. JasonKingsX

JasonKingsX Tele-Meister

Where did you find the 4x8?

16. grim83

grim83 Tele-Holic

For that money why not find a used ht20 or a new ht40?

17. fjtesta

fjtesta TDPRI Member

Just picked up a used ht-1r to keep at my shop for fooling around with. I used to have the head version with a blackstar 10" cab and really liked the sound but the 8" combo seems a bit harsh to me. Can anyone recommend a speaker to warm it up a bit? Blues and classic rock, never use the gain channel.

18. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Hi ... Blackstar HT5R owner here ... and here it is:

64 Tele and HT5R a cropped1024.jpg

Bought my 10th Anniversary edition about 3 years ago, these white ones didn't sell well over here, so got a really good deal on it.

Apart from one problem with it, more on that later, these really are great value for money ... tube combo, 2 channels, FX loop, phones/cab sim. even the stock speaker's a serviceable one. As a mainly home player these days and only needing one amp this is absolutely ideal for me, especially as I like to play clean through Ch1 and only abot 1 to 1.5 Gain on Ch2. It will also keep up with bass and keys at a weekly 'garage jam'; never tried it but, especially with an extension cab, it could possibly just manage in a small, <100, venue that's not too noisey in the background.

The only thing I've never liked is the Gain on Ch2. For me it's way too harsh and full-on too soon. But, with Blackstar engineers coming out of Marshall - no huge surprise. Which brings me to the problem.

Late June it suddenly started humming loudly even when on stand-by. Did all the usual stuff, different lead/guitar/outlet etc ... same problem. Took it to a local tech/amp builder saying that when the problem was solved to change the tubes anyway and, either by bias or a different tube to the 12AX7, to lessen the Gain effect. Unfortuantely, when he opened it up he immediately said it needed to go away as the PCB was incomprehensible - he's used to building more like Watkins Dominator clones. (Apparently Blackstar won't share schematics etc). So, off to Blackstar it went. 8 weeks later - yes 8 weeks (of having to use a comparitively weak Vox Cambridge instead) - I get it back, hum cured, new tubes but ... they didn't even attempt to address the Gain issue I'd have liked attending to - c'est le vie!

Best wishes ...

emisilly likes this.
  19. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

I picked up an original HT5 last week, with the 10" Celestion, no reverb. Beats the HT1 I had a while back hands down. Like a lot here I don't need half of that gain, but 9 o'clock on the overdrive is crunch heaven. The speaker's not bad, and running it through a 12" simultaneously is a beautiful combination of punch and bottom end. Cleans are so-so, you feel the constraints of the 5w, it just isn't that loud, which isn't apparent on the gain channel.

Also, like with my HT1, a Strat just sounds better through one of these things, it rounds of the edges, the guitar tames the amp. With a Tele it highlights the edges, like it can't contain the guitar.

20. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

I've just joined (actually, "about to join") the ranks of the Blackstar owners club.

I have a Dr Z Maz 18 at home and love it. however, although where I'm learning has an amp, it's old and battered and, I'm told, wasn't very good when he bought it.

I don't fancy lugging the Dr Z around so, as it's my birthday later this month, I decided to get a head that I can (a) plug into the Dr Z combo's 12" Celestion at home to give me an optional sound and (b) take with me to where I get my lessons. I might end up losing the Dr Z is the Blackstar starts to be my "go-to".

I trialled an Orange CR120 head against the Blackstar HT Club 50 Mk II and decided to bite the bullet and go for the more expensive. It was the "clean" that did it for me. the Orange was probably good enough for my meagre needs but I really liked the Blackstar.

Anyway, although they had them in store, I was in London (55 mikes from home) en-route to a gig and not around next weekend. So, I've arranged / expecting delivery at the end of the month. Really looking forward to getting it.

Cliffyg62 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.