Blackstar Amp Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by tjk3052, Feb 1, 2010.

1. EdMan57

EdMan57 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Sweet! I did not know that Blackstar offered an HT-5 in a 2-10 format.

Ed

2. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

It was a few years back... Came with a pair of celestians. The white one was a limited run 5th anniversary model. They also had a standard model in black called the ht5210.

3. EdMan57

Thanks for the info,fatcat.

Ed

4. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Promoting GAS is what I live for.:cool:

But I got dibbs on this one!

5. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Ok; through a great deal of research; stress; and reflection; I made my final decision and went with it before I could change my mind.

I decided on the ht studio 20 head version. With the el34 output tubes; I thought this would be the best to compliment my current equipment and meet my needs.

I will post a NAD when it gets in.

6. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Its here:cool:

7. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

I'm officially in the club.

HT studio 20 head

Impressive

Attached Files:

8. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

I had some trouble with dialing in a good drive tone at low volume; but it was operator error.

I forgot that I need to move further away from 4x12 to here the full effect of eq changes.

Got it all set last night. Clean tone is tremendous.

Considering a 1x12 cab just for this amp.

Haven't tried the headphone out yet.

9. EdMan57

I had the HT-20 head. I matched it up with an oversized 1-12" slant Mojo cab that had a Celestion G12H-30 installed. It sounded really great and the G12H-30 seemed to bring out the best on both the clean and overdriven tones...especially with ISP dialed toward the British side. I often think about getting another HT-20H.

Ed

10. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Man this blackstar is BadA$$! 20watts of Pain.

11. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Can I plug headphones into the emulated output?

12. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

You guys have any recommended drive Chanel settings.

13. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

I really got the studio 20 tuned up in stereo with my Orange TT. The studio 20 running through my 4x12 and the TT through my 1x12. The blackstar has the bass and midrange; the TT picks up where the blackstar leaves off with mids and highs.

Using the a/b/y I can isolate them and get them in phase. Its so cool! Side by side, they go from sounding like separate left and right amps; to sounding like one amp in the center when you correct the phase. Its set for a crazy Fat medium gain classic rock tone. Just where I live

14. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Just ordered a new tube set. Tung-Sol el34; Tung-Sol gold 12ax7s. Should open up the drive Channel a bit. Gonna try some jj's I have lying around tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  15. JukeJointJunkie

JukeJointJunkie Tele-Meister

I joined the club yesterday, with an HT 1. Love it so far. As I've posted in other threads, I've been looking for an amp small enough to stuff in a suitcase when I work out of town, and quiet enough to keep me from rocking out the rest of the hotel when I'm in my room (I have poor volume discipline). Clean it is a little louder than I was looking for frankly, and of course dimed it is loud as hell. But it's going to work perfectly for me.

16. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

I've had an HT1 SE (the MF model -- no reverb) for a couple of years. IIRC, I got it on a SDOTD for $80 or $90. It's actually quite a decent little amp on its own, but it sounds HUGE when I play it through my 112 cab (outfitted with a 16 ohm Fane AXA12). I've recently lent it to my son, but I'll be happy to eventually get it back. It's actually easier to get a good tone out of this than my Tech 21 Trademark 10 (you can get great tones out of that, but the controls are interactive and not terribly intuitive).

17. bluesky6

bluesky6 TDPRI Member

Thought I'd update this thread.

I had a Metal version of the HT1R which I tried to unmetal.

I finally got a "normal" one and just love it! The only mod I've made was a Weber Blue Pup speaker.

I think that you need to have the right combination of pickups, guitar, music to really appreciate the HT1R.

For me, it's mostly ZZTop, Green Day. I'm using a Strat with a Dimarzio Chopper at the bridge.

The tone is just amazing.

And I can sit the amp just next to me on the computer desktop and follow along with some random Youtube guitar lesson.

18. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Was it really that much of a difference in tone between the metal and regular?

19. Adam S

Adam S Tele-Meister

LOVE my HT-1R. The OD channel is sublime! Ditched my VHT Special 6 and Boss OD pedal. Top build quality too. This little Blackstar is all I need.

20. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Picked up an HT5 210 a couple of days ago. Very nice amp although the cleans are a bit uninspiring-still that's not really what you buy the HT5 for, and the overdrive tones are very good. I also have the Fly 3 and have previously owned an HT20 and an original HT5 stack. The two 10s really make the amp sound bigger than the single 12 combo version.

Edit; yesterday the 210 started making rustling noises-probably a valve (tube) issue. Anyway, rather than getting a replacement I decided to return it and upgrade to the HT20, an amp I'm familiar with having owned one a few years ago. Should be here tomorrow. My Fly 3 will serve nicely as a practise tool and, along with my Peavey Envoy and Bandit, I have all my amp needs pretty much covered.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.