1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Blackpoole, anyone actually make a guitar yet?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by HBamps, Sep 30, 2009.

1. HBamps

HBamps Tele-Meister

I have seen alot of talk about Blackpoole guitars and the pics look great. I am thinking about buying a body but with all the posts, I have yet to see anyone comment on a finished guitar or see any pictures of them other than the ones Blackpoole has posted. It seems a little weird.

I am waiting to read "I have one, it PLAYS great, see the pic of mine here" just to make sure it's real.

Anyone actually receive their bodies? Hows the quality? fit?

Thanks

2. rocketop777

rocketop777 TDPRI Member

3. RothnRoll

RothnRoll Tele-Meister

I don't trust all the people with 13 posts that have been posting about only Blackpoole on several forums I have been to.

4. Chet Johnson

Chet Johnson Tele-Afflicted

I'm gathering that that was aimed at myself, and I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I have been quite busy with a custody case, my wife's surgery , a dog hit by a car, WORK, my wife's car recently hit by a hit and run driver, and also a new addition to my home.

Because of this, the Blackpoole project is the only one that I've squeezed in any time for. Could you please explain how this makes me untrustworthy?

5. BlueJim

BlueJim Tele-Holic

Trust is what comes from a track record. It's earned. I think the post is not implying "proven to be untrustworthy" but rather not having yet earned the trust.

6. Chet Johnson

First of all, I trusted Andy and gave him the benefit of the doubt and ordered a kit regardless of the mosley accusations.
    I do not work for, or even live in the same state as Blackpoole.
    I posted pics that Andy sent of my parts before I received them from excitement. Later as I can get to it , I've been adding some of my own completed pics.

I guess I have to get busy dropping in on and posting on a variety of topics that I'm not interested in tonight to prove myself non-Blackpoole?

7. Chet Johnson

Yes, mine all fits great. The most impressive "fit" that I noticed was that the neck fit the body so well that I could pick the body up with the neck in it without screws!

Check the END of this thread. http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaste...-relc-kit.html those are MY pics, and it plays GREAT. My favorite tele, the double bender gold one, is getting quite jealous.

8. BlueJim

BlueJim Tele-Holic

I don't think you need to prove anything. Did I miss something? :D

Blackpoole will prove itself as a company over time or not. It won't happen in just a year or two.

9. SimpleOne

SimpleOne Friend of Leo's

??wha??

10. HBamps

HBamps Tele-Meister

I meant no accusations, I am just curious about the guitars and didn't find much feedback. Thanks for the words.

11. davy2466

davy2466 TDPRI Member

Geez guys - this is getting pathetic.

Although I have no obligation to do such & at the risk of being lectured to or ridiculed for not being a true Fender aficionado, I’d like to attempt to assure some posters to this forum that I have no affiliation with Blackpoole Relics or Andy in any way other than being a customer that has been impressed with the communication, customer service and quality of the guitar that I bought from him.

I live in Georgia – my guitar was shipped by Andy from New Jersey. I’m not a professional in the music industry, nor have I played a gig in over 20 years, I’m just a 50-yr old regular Joe (David, actually) with 4 kids and a wife. I’ve loved music and guitars since I was a kid in the sixties – I’ve taught all of my children to play in order to pass on my love of music. I’m not an “expert” on genuine Fender products, era-accurate details or officially licensed Fender configurations.

I simply saw a guitar on-line that I liked, did a little homework, went out on a limb & made the purchase, had a good experience & then joined this forum to share my experiences. A google search of Blackpoole Relics brought me to the TDPRI forum and I decided to give Blackpoole a try and report my thoughts to the forum. I, too, had never heard of them, thought their prices were too good to be true, and quite frankly, was very skeptical. It’s no skin off of my nose if Blackpoole is around next month, next year or ten years from now. I was skeptical about purchasing a guitar from a company (or person) that I knew nothing about; so I did a lot of homework on-line and not finding any concrete negative evidence (sorry, unfounded accusations & speculations don’t count), I purchased the guitar, shared my experience & much to the disbelief of some “expert” members (he MUST be affiliated with Blackpoole!!), am quite pleased with my purchase. I’ve been impressed enough with Blackpoole’s stuff that I have my second Telecaster ordered and am planning on purchasing a Strat from him as well (but not anytime soon since I do enjoy living in my wife’s house).

I’m starting to think that joining & posting on this forum was my biggest error in judgment regarding Blackpoole. I’ve often visited this forum for member input on pickups, amps and other equipment but I've not seen anything The focus of this particular tread has seemed to have shifted from belittling and scrutinizing Blackpoole to belittling and scrutinizing their customers. “Ignorance” is defined as the state of having a lack of knowledge, education, or awareness. I’m not implying that anyone on the forum is stupid & I’m not calling anyone any names but it appears that all of the negative and accusatory comments are coming from people that have never actually purchased anything from Blackpoole Relicworks. Therefore, applying the logic of some members on the forum, those opinions are not credible or “trustworthy.”

I’ve attached a few more photos of my Telecaster in its “home environment” and will do the same once the new one arrives. I hope it helps anyone buy a guitar that they enjoy playing and are happy with regardless of where it was purchased or from whom. I fully expect several cheap shots about my credibility, affiliations, allegiance or even my playing ability or knowledge of guitars.

Attached Files:

12. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

David

Welcome to TDPRI, yeh I know, some welcome!

Some threads, subjects, excite people, this appears to be one of them. The trust issues come from some less than savoury incidents of posters suddenly appearing and touting a cure all / fantastic new product. It makes cynics of most members concerning this type of post, however worthy and genuine it might be.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, if someone has been posting here for months/years on a variety of subjects, before making a product/service revelation the cynicism is much more restrained (See Chet's thread on the same subject!)

Opinions are like A-holes; and there's certainly a few opinions around here. ;)

Your tele looks really nice, enjoy it. And enjoy the resource and banter that is TDPRI at its best and worst!

13. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Great post Tonemonkey! Two thumbs up!

Thanks.

14. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

:oops:

15. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

There certainly are "shills" on forums, and in fact there is a Blackpoole thread on the Gear Page with a guy who has exactly 13 posts there at this point that is kind of suspicious.

Don't see anyone that fits that profile, or anything like it, here though.

16. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

+1000

17. rocketop777

rocketop777 TDPRI Member

18. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Actually, it doesn't look like it at all. You have to be careful about accusing folks when you are just guessing.

If he was a "shill" he would have put a link to the company or sales place. There's no such link.

Also, and you would not know this. He has 200 posts at one of my other forums (www.strat-talk.com) and he posted about this guitar in our Tele forum on Strat-Talk.

I guess after buying a Tele style guitar he's decided to join the TDPRI too.

19. rocketop777

rocketop777 TDPRI Member

My fault. I stand corrected and apologize for jumping to conclusions.

20. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

We've seen other small custom builders come and go over the years, sometimes taking customers' money with them. I won't name names. When somebody new comes on the scene and there are suddenly several threads hyping the new guy, it's natural that some of us are suspicious. In most cases it's just a matter of customers being a bit overenthusiastic, and I think that's the case here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.