Black Wheels, Chrome Wheels, or Other...?

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I’ve had all kinds of wheels on all kinds of cars. There is no one answer, it really depends on the vehicle.My overall favorite is probably the vintage E/T mags like I had on my street rod 82165CF3-4B54-4407-879A-65D22BFA2C4F.jpeg

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Wheels should be round first, ornaments second.

Tires however, make the ride.
My second set are off back order and go on a different car next week. I'm curious to see how much different these 45 series will be against the Outback's conservative 70 series. Performance aside, I expect the same amazing winter performance.

The CrossClimate2 are simply amazing.

GvTEq4f.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
When I first got my Colorado, I briefly entertained thoughts of dolling it up with "custom" wheels (probably black to go for bada$$). However, once I started checking prices, I realized it was a sillya$$ way for a growna$$ man to spend that kind of cash. Not to mention I'd probably end up replacing the tires as well, which would make for even more lost $$$. So I kept the stock wheels and when the factory tires wore out I replaced them with a nice set of Firestone Destination ATs which navigated all the pointy basketball-sized rocks on opening day when we hauled a couple of nice muley bucks down the hill.

1643390365092.jpeg

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
Technically it's not my car and in a few months time I'll be handing it back, but my company car has dark grey with polished highlights. They hide the dirt well, which is good because it only gets washed when it's serviced...

Not 'mine', but a stock photo of an identical one for sale:
C Class.jpg

However, this one is mine and I much prefer the polished alloy, though these days wheels this small would probably be fitted to a mobility scooter. :lol: They were considered quite big in their day though. :)

RS2000 on drive.JPG

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
i really dont like black rims...chrome or polished aluminum is what i prefer
I dont get black rims at all. A trend the makers started to make more profit I suppose.
Nothing looks dirtier than black.
No classy look to it.
But I will say that I dont like many of todays after market rims. Too 'busy' a look. Fake bolts all over them etc.

I like a simple smooth look. Polished simplicity is nice.
Painted steel is cool!
But then I laugh to myself when I see big false eyelashes etc too.

Get off my lawn!
I'll take this on the left over this on the right any day!:
vsw-55-5404_xl.jpg TIS-Wheels-556BA-17x9-5LUG-A.jpg