Black Sabbath Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ElJay370, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Holic

First concert I ever saw that was "big" was Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio. Heaven and Hell tour. I also saw Ozzy on his first 2 tours and got to stand right in front of Randy Rhodes as he played.

Man that was LOUD!

gridlock and Marquee Moon like this.
  2. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Meister

I saw them on the same tour (it was June '78) at Hammersmith Odeon. The gig was filmed:

puddin and Chunkocaster like this.
  3. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Saw that concert in Lakeland, Fl.

Festus_Hagen likes this.
  4. arnie5150

arnie5150 Tele-Meister

One of my favorite and most influential bands. At around 11 years old I saw the debut in my uncle's record collection. I asked him if i could borrow it and he said I could have it! I had a sweet Panasonic stereo in my room and when I dropped the needle on that first track, WOW! Scared me to death - I was hooked! i saved my allowance and lunch money and would buy everything up to Born Again. I usually got a new album every two weeks so it took a while. I do remember that i bought Sabotage next. I skipped over Paranoid for the longest due to the lame album cover. I do think that Dio Era is just as good as the Ozzy era. I also really dig the Born Again album.

Marquee Moon, stevemc and thunderbyrd like this.
  5. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

there was some mention of Tony's early use of a strat above. this song (or half a song) really sounds like a strat to me. how different would sabbath's sound have been, if Tony's strat hadn't died when it did?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.