black midi

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by BorderRadio, Apr 8, 2020.

1. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

There are no horns in this section.

-_-

Lawdawg and backporchmusic like this.
  2. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

One of my favorite albums of 2019. Not for everyone, but right up my alley. The drummer is a beast. Love this non album track

BorderRadio likes this.
  3. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Interesting. This, however, is a genre that is very rapidly cloying to me, personally. Noise Rock (and maybe Math Rock) are not a fave. Buth then I find experimental jazz interesting though not tolerable for long listening.

Nonetheless, thanks for the exposure to a group I had never heard of.

4. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

Completely understand, this is definitely not an easy genre and frankly there are large chunks of math/noise rock that I don't care for myself or find pretentious. What I like about Black Midi is that amongst the clang they do sprinkle in some chunks of genuinely beautiful music. Here's a somewhat more accessible albeit proggy track -- I really love the breakdown at 4:00

5. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I dislike calling anything prog or experimental anymore. It's all post something, if anything. But that's no big deal to me what anything is called. I was digging into Death Grips, getting out of my head and black midi came up through all that. I don't think DG will be of much interest to the TD set, but hey some overlap with black midi, great :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.