Black metal documetary.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Black metal began with Newcastle band, Venom. Their second album, Black Metal, came out in 1982.
Their drummer, Anthony 'Abaddon' Bray, lived in my street. My mate 'Drunken' Duncan was their roadie.
After a while Duncan grew tired of all their 'satanic' songs and went to work in the Brunswick Methodist Church in Newcastle!!!
Cool ! At least venom didn't take themselves too seriously...

TheCheapGuitarist

Tele-Afflicted
To sum it up in a few words, mayhem' singer had a mental illness, the guitar player pushed him on the edge because they didn't agree on some stuffs. The singer shot himself, the guitar player saw the body, went to buy a camera, re arranged the suicide scene, and took pictures in order to make it a record cover. Apparently, he also picked up a few pieces of the skull which he sent to some friends.

The bassist didn't agree on that cover idea, and asked him to burn the pics. He didn't, and sent some of the pictures left and right, one of which ended up on a bootleg. Bassist left the band.

The guitar guy was stabbed a few months later by the new bass player on some sort of you owe money for royalties.
By that time, they had already recorded a lp which became their magnum opus.
The family of the guitar guy didn't agree to let the record out, and asked for the bass parts of their son's murderer to be removed. Drummer said ok, will do. He then just lowered them in the mix and kept the takes.

And that is one story among many others.
The guitarist also reportedly fabricated a necklace from the skull fragments, if I remember correctly. The dead vocalist (named "Dead") used to bury his stage clothing underground for a period of time before gigs, because he wanted to represent death on stage.

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
now that i look at the cat, he pretty much has a corpse paint make up on !
You mean this guy? Yeah, he is kind of scary. I will give you that.

Stoopid Cat.jpg

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Living life in a cartoon.

Quick – hum 5-10 of the most famous death metal melodies.

While you think of them, I’ll be outside excavating my pants for the gig tonight…

(This stuff might fall a little flat on US ears/sensibilities because we already have a big enough problem with disaffected/angry/frustrated/violent white males in this country)

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Living life in a cartoon.

Quick – hum 5-10 of the most famous death metal melodies.

While you think of them, I’ll be outside excavating my pants for the gig tonight…

(This stuff might fall a little flat on US ears/sensibilities because we already have a big enough problem with disaffected/angry/frustrated/violent white males in this country)
I can hum the guitar parts, no the vocal line.

Maricopa

Friend of Leo's
To sum it up in a few words, mayhem' singer had a mental illness, the guitar player pushed him on the edge because they didn't agree on some stuffs. The singer shot himself, the guitar player saw the body, went to buy a camera, re arranged the suicide scene, and took pictures in order to make it a record cover. Apparently, he also picked up a few pieces of the skull which he sent to some friends.

The bassist didn't agree on that cover idea, and asked him to burn the pics. He didn't, and sent some of the pictures left and right, one of which ended up on a bootleg. Bassist left the band.

The guitar guy was stabbed a few months later by the new bass player on some sort of you owe money for royalties.
By that time, they had already recorded a lp which became their magnum opus.
The family of the guitar guy didn't agree to let the record out, and asked for the bass parts of their son's murderer to be removed. Drummer said ok, will do. He then just lowered them in the mix and kept the takes.

And that is one story among many others.
OK, they win lol

Ebling

Tele-Meister
The documentary was really good. Need a title or link to the Death Metal doc mentioned in post #2 of this thread.