1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bix Beiderbecke - In A Mist

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by EllroyJames, Dec 3, 2020.

1. EllroyJames

EllroyJames Friend of Leo's

Solo piano piece (1927)

Ben-Zion, Jim W, Nahtabot and 3 others like this.
  2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Covered by Ry Cooder....

3. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The Bix Beiderbeck Memorial Jazz Festival, or Bix Fest, is typically held each summer in his hometown of Davenport, Iowa. He is buried in a beautiful cemetery on Eastern Ave. across the street from a former orphanage there. After all the unspeakable restrictions are lifted in America, make a plan to attend the Fest. It is world class and a big deal in Dixieland & traditional jazz circles, and a tremendous amount of fun. Oh, and bring sunscreen, the summer sun in Iowa can be brutal. Me? I mixed sound on the blues stage in front of the Davenport Public Library for a few years, so I may be somewhat biased.

4. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

My Dad was a big Bix fan!

5. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's

"Jazz" was the first Ry Cooder I owned, based on a rave review in some magazine I subscribed to. I was still into Jethro Tull and Frank Zappa at the time so I was a little baffled. My dad liked some of the tunes which he recognized.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.