Bitcoin - Cryptocurrency

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Some of the most valid insight and criticism I've seen - from a technology point of view - is this blogpost from Moxie Marlinspike (the cryptography expert who created the Signal messaging app, and was head of security for Twitter for years):

My first impressions of web3
Great read. Cherry picking a bit, but this:

"...it seems like we should take notice that from the very beginning, these technologies immediately tended towards centralization through platforms in order for them to be realized, that this has ~zero negatively felt effect on the velocity of the ecosystem, and that most participants don’t even know or care it’s happening."

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The Onion is reporting on Matt Damon's fall from grace after doing a bit coin ad. It's really tragic about him selling his kidney and all.

stratology

Tele-Meister
Criminals like it because it's harder to track.

This is actually incorrect. Most cryptocurrencies are easier to track than bank transactions, because of the public nature - you can use a blockchain explorer to view all kinds of transactions.

There are a few privacy minded cryptocurrencies, like Monero, but if you're a criminal and think you're safe because you do transactions in Bitcoin, you may be in for a surprise.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted

Some thoughts from someone who knows a lot more that me about crypto.

I think there's a non zero chance that Bitcoin functionally replaces native currency in developing nations to a large extent. Most crypto is junk but that doesn't mean it all is necessarily.

I only recommend a very small allocation if you are looking for differentiation in your investments and want exposure to a wildly asymmetric risk-return profile.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Why would a currency be an investment? Isn't the point of a currency to be a stable means to facilitate transactions?
A lot of people don't have both macro and micro level of understanding of payments and trust in currency and commerce let alone blockchain and PKI.

Speculation and gambling are popular and addictive. What I see going on is the latter and a misunderstanding of payments, security and trust. Trust has been an element in trade long before we had double entry accounting and nation state currencies.

This is also new. There could be a parallel such as we had far more car makers 100+ years ago and lots of currencies or note types before central banking.

stratology

Tele-Meister
Why would a currency be an investment? Isn't the point of a currency to be a stable means to facilitate transactions?

Absolutely, that's why you're much better off having your savings in a traditional, stable currency like Rubles or Turkish Lira. :rolleyes:

derffalesiude

NEW MEMBER!
Before you buy cryptocurrency, you need to decide how you want to grow your portfolio. That is, to come out in profit. There are several ways to do this. The first one is to invest in trade, but for this, a beginner should first learn how to trade with https://fbs.com/analytics/videolessons/how-to-open-an-account-at-fbs-7. It is also possible to invest in top coins and hold them until the profit on their sale seems satisfactory. One last thing, invest in coins to earn interest: stacking or crypto lending.

THX1123

Tele-Holic
My new startup, GloBEx² is mining a TDPRI coin. It is called Markcoin. It will be initially available only to TDPRI members. This crypto is going to take off! Anyone who gets in on the ground floor will make some sick bank, bro! It's still early! If everyone on TDPRI buys in we will all see mad profit. This coin is fire, bro!

Don't listen to the haters and the old people who don't understand technology, and the opportunities of being part of the future. WEB3 is coming, and it will totally make our investment in Markcoin increase by 6,500%! Don't listen to what "they" are saying about the crypto market - we are just in the middle of a fourth price innovation cycle.

GloBEx² will also make your TDPRI profile picture into an NFT only you can own, forever, for only $45,350. This investment, along with robust purchases of Markcoin will diversify your portfolio AND have real-world impact!

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Just camp and when the Ranger calls on you hit him with the green money. They can not accept it!
After the outbreak we don't talk about here, I believe the State of Oklahoma basically let virtually everyone go and we checked several OK camp facilities and found no staff anywhere. In a manner of speaking, they could call my waiting for the unavailable staff person "trespassing" - I don't care to test such a hypothesis.

And I do apologize the the Army Corps of Engineers, as they do have numerous facilities for camping. It is just that, these facilities are dreary. Vacations are supposed to be fun, and also, the Corps waits until it is hot and buggy before they open their facilities for the most part. I guess their theory is, nobody goes to a reservoir until the weather it hot - and this is just a pattern they've been in so long, they don't even consider that yes, Virginia, there are folks who prefer camping when it is cool.

But this thread is supposed to me about Bitcoin, so let me just say, that Bitcoin and Money Laundering are a match made in heaven.