Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I would paint my toenails red … to stand out :D

I just had mine done today.

Peegoo-Feets.jpg

Sometimes I like to feel pretty.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
You're replying to a very old post and asking a question of someone who last posted some 3 years ago or so...

Just sayin' :twisted:

Great new argument though folks! 😄
Welp. That’s strike 3 for me. Gotta remember to read them damn dates. Who’s responsible for resurrecting this damn thing?!!! :)

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Hoka sneakers are a life saver. I wear them all the time, indoors and out when I am not in a park ranger costume.
Yeah, I tried their Speedgoats when I was trying to give my feet a break and still run. They're definitely cushy. I might look into some of their other road specific models.

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Wierd footware musicians; this bank, Guitar left, telecaster third down. That's their drawer.
drawer.png

Antigua is out the back in the skip, along with the bumched shrit, cargopant wearing, moustached croc wearers...

leejustix1

NEW MEMBER!
A few straps of leather never really hurt anyone :rolleyes:
The BIRKENSTOCK Arizon is a rustic and extremely comfortable take on the classic Mary Jane from https://www.shoesexpress.co.uk/. It has a heel strap and a small slit at the front of the upper from https://www.shoesexpress.co.uk/. Even on wedge heels, the heel strap provides maximum support from https://www.shoesexpress.co.uk/. The exquisite round buckles are a show-stopper from https://www.shoesexpress.co.uk/. The upper is constructed of soft, high-quality natural leather from https://www.shoesexpress.co.uk/.

wildschwein

Friend of Leo's
They have a huge range of different shoes:

I wore the clog types as a chef for many years. In fact, the Birky clogs are very common in commercial kitchen environments. I no longer work in that role but the pair I bought back in 2011 are still in use today in the garden. They are the best quality shoes you can buy, although I don't like the look of many of the products they are very orthotic friendly and will last a very long time. If people want to play tele in them then all power to them!

Last edited:

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
The coolest sandals, for me, were huaraches. I had a pair in the mid-60s. Cheap, frayed leather straps, with a sole fashioned out of a tire tread.

Last edited:

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
I wear Chacos daily and black Ropers when I have to dress up. I never liked the way Birkenstocks felt.
The only pants I own are Wrangler jeans in black and blue.
My Teles are Butterscotch, White, and Red Sparkle.

HaWE

Tele-Meister
I have a pair of Birkenstocks but only wear them in the house or maybe in the garden.When going out I prefer something more robust - like walkingboots .And I would never wear them on stage !
In the 80s in Germany Birkenstock were seen as typical sandals worn by people of the so called "alternative scene" , often combined with self-knitted pullovers and colorful scarves,but nowadays this image of Birkenstock has changed.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I had to Google Birkenstock also. They seem like expensive flip flops to me. I don’t like shoes I have to hold onto with my toes to keep them on. I don’t think they would effect guitar playing though. Unless you had to concentrate so hard on keeping them on you didn’t play well.
If you wore a pair you'd know they aren't flip flops. They are extremely comfortable and last forever. I have two pair that are more than 10 years old. Also, if they are fit correctly, you don't need to hold them on with your toes.

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Bill Kirchen arrived for a show I was putting on in the middle of an August day, a few years ago, in blazing heat. He was dressed very casually in a T-shirt, shorts, and Birkenstocks. Once load in/set up/sound check was done, and dinner was had, it was getting near showtime. Bill said "Well Fret, I've gotta go change because you just can't "ROCKinstocks"! Kirchen ... a treasure!

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
When I see anyone wearing anything that is not necessarily in line with current fashion or trends I think "...now there's an independent thinker".

1660228751385.png