1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

BillM and the Blues Jr

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gitapik, Oct 12, 2013.

1. gitapik

gitapik Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Yes...this is not a new topic. But I'm inspired. So:

I bought a used NOS Blues Jr last summer off of Craigslist for $350. Mint condition.

Then I heard about BillM's mods. I had the good fortune to A/B mine against one with all the mods at 15w and another with all the mods at 30w. I chose the 30w.

Man...I love this amp. G&L ASAT Classic, Strat, or Les Paul. It's great. I can set it to very clean, like a Fender Twin or dial in the dirt I want. I recently got new pups put into my LP, set the amp to clean, and plugged in an Atomic Overdrive and delay. It was screamin'!!! Then I plugged in the G&L. Both with the same setup and then straight into the amp with some breakup: perfect.

Yeah...this is a topic that's been beaten to death, I know. But I'm so happy with this amp. And at 30w, it can do more than just small sessions and gigs. Plenty loud. Lots of headroom. Great stuff and I'm stoked!! The sounds are so, so nice...

[​IMG]

2. joeybcdt

joeybcdt Tele-Meister

The BJ w/ Bill M mods was my go to amp for a couple of years. Then I discovered the PRRI. Then I discovered a '67 BF Deluxe and fell in love. Between those 3 amps I am very happy.

3. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Sweet rig!

4. gitapik

gitapik Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Thanks. I love it. I've been using this wood pick, lately, that's perfect for the G&L. It's a Timbertones/Zone Tones model. Great attack and works really well for strumming, if you like a rigid pick:

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.