1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bill Frisell tour

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by tfaux, Feb 29, 2016.

1. tfaux

tfaux TDPRI Member

Saw Bill Frisell's "When You Wish Upon a Star" tour at the Old Town School in Chicago last week, with Eyvind Kang on viola, and Petra Haden (Charlie Haden's daughter) on fantastic vocals.
    As always, Bill's playing was glorious and on the edge. He was playing a Collings 335-style guitar. Viola is a great warm second lead voice, and Petra H. tore the roof off. See them. If you're near NY they'll be in residence at the Village Vanguard at the end of March.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. Bernie

Bernie Tele-Afflicted

My wife and I went to see them at the Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, CA last Friday - same band. My first ever Bill Frisell show - it was awesome. I've been listening to him for many years but the stars never lined up to see him live until Friday night.

Saturday night I saw John Scofield with Joe Lovano and band in Palo Alto. When does an embarrassment of riches like that ever happen? Great weekend of music it was...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    tfaux likes this.
  3. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

Bill is incredible!

4. neatone

neatone Tele-Holic

frisell is using this collings with bigsby on current tour...i also dig the jw black tele with dearmonds

[​IMG]

his new album- when you wish upon a star- is a good listen, but i prefer his equally new album with charles lloyd..frisell and greg leisz on guitar & slide respectively...incredible

charles lloyd & the marvels- i long to see you

cheers

tfaux likes this.
  5. tfaux

tfaux TDPRI Member

Thanks for posting this neatone. Fantastic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.