Biggest Pedal Letdown

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Collin D Plonker, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Jaggersan

Jaggersan TDPRI Member

Nearly every fuzz pedal I tried for a while. Coming from a metal guitar background where dynamics are a cranked marshall on 11 and the mindset of everything on 10 all the time.. I wasn’t ready for the fuzz. Ffwd 20 years and some things have changed, now I can appreciate a nice fuzz face or big muff circuit. I actually use my guitars volume control now.

dlew919 likes this.
  2. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

A Keeley compressor. Bought it new. It was quiet when it was the only pedal on, but it hissed like crazy whenever I switched on anything else.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I've loved pretty much every pedal I've plugged into except this one
    [​IMG]

Couldn't be more meh-worthy, really

4. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Holic

Fulltone Plim Soul. This pedal sounds like a fart in the shower.

D_Malone likes this.
  5. tfarny

tfarny Poster Extraordinaire

Fulltone FD3. On paper it was the perfect drive / boost pedal. In practice, dark and lifeless.

6. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

90% of boutique pedals for me. Most don't sound that good, one even had reliability problems.

7. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

Yes, Andy and Pete Thorn. They make everything sound good. Unfortunately the only way to know if a pedal works for me is to buy it and try it.

I’ve never had a real tape echo, and don’t plan to in the future. Also, it’s not something I’m seeking to accurately replicate. I absolutely love my Volante. It’s one of my favorite pedals ever. It sounds great (regardless of how accurately it recreates iconic tape/drum echo units), and the interface is brilliant.

There, I’ve defended my purchase. ;)

northernguitar likes this.
  8. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

Before anyone gives up on a pedal that has been criticized here, I gotta say that the amp and guitar often factor into the equation. I used to use a Boss HM-2 in a Traynor 'Marshall wannabe' amp and it sounded astounding. I tried it with VOX and Orange amps and it sounded like ass.

That said, the biggest pedal disappointment I've had was an EHX Stereo Electric Mistress. It billed itself as a flanger and chorus in one box. Unfortunately, it did a poor job at both. I could never dial it in to my liking.

9. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

For sure. That’s why I’m hesitant to say anything negative about a pedal that doesn’t work for me.

northernguitar likes this.
  10. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

Yup. It's hard to determine the pedal that sounds like ass everywhere. Except the Boss Metal Zone. :lol: Ha, who am I to judge....it's one of their all-time best selling pedals.

D_Malone likes this.
  11. Gin Mill Cowboy

Gin Mill Cowboy Tele-Meister

Most of the Lovepedal drives. I’m on the mailing list, and about 2 years back got excited every flash-sale and bought stuff. Ive tried most of the drive pedals Lovepedal offers and sold them all off. Now the Rubber Chicken, on the other hand, is the best envelop filter!!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.