Biggest Pedal Letdown

Jaggersan

TDPRI Member
Nearly every fuzz pedal I tried for a while. Coming from a metal guitar background where dynamics are a cranked marshall on 11 and the mindset of everything on 10 all the time.. I wasn’t ready for the fuzz. Ffwd 20 years and some things have changed, now I can appreciate a nice fuzz face or big muff circuit. I actually use my guitars volume control now.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I've loved pretty much every pedal I've plugged into except this one
s-l400.jpg

Couldn't be more meh-worthy, really

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
90% of boutique pedals for me. Most don't sound that good, one even had reliability problems.

D_Malone

Tele-Holic
Pedals that let me down :

[pretty much anything Andy Martin demos and then I realize (after buy the pedal) I’m NOT Andy Martin and I won’t get those sounds. ]

strymon volante let me down. Sounds good, and is well made with a ton of features ...but it will never replace a real tape echo. I wanted it to..and maybe it could simulate one well enough for touring...but nothing comes close to the real thing for inspiration and overall tone. I Gotta have a genuine tape echo machine.

Yes, Andy and Pete Thorn. They make everything sound good. Unfortunately the only way to know if a pedal works for me is to buy it and try it.

I’ve never had a real tape echo, and don’t plan to in the future. Also, it’s not something I’m seeking to accurately replicate. I absolutely love my Volante. It’s one of my favorite pedals ever. It sounds great (regardless of how accurately it recreates iconic tape/drum echo units), and the interface is brilliant.

There, I’ve defended my purchase. ;)

northernguitar

Friend of Leo's
Before anyone gives up on a pedal that has been criticized here, I gotta say that the amp and guitar often factor into the equation. I used to use a Boss HM-2 in a Traynor 'Marshall wannabe' amp and it sounded astounding. I tried it with VOX and Orange amps and it sounded like ass.

That said, the biggest pedal disappointment I've had was an EHX Stereo Electric Mistress. It billed itself as a flanger and chorus in one box. Unfortunately, it did a poor job at both. I could never dial it in to my liking.

Gin Mill Cowboy

Tele-Meister
Most of the Lovepedal drives. I’m on the mailing list, and about 2 years back got excited every flash-sale and bought stuff. Ive tried most of the drive pedals Lovepedal offers and sold them all off. Now the Rubber Chicken, on the other hand, is the best envelop filter!!!!