Big Squier sale

Esquire Jones

Tele-Holic
I picked up one of the 60’s sunburst tele’s last week. Good experience and the guitar is good too. Needed some TLC.

The bridge was warped. I flattened it using 2 C-clamps on my work bench. It had some sharp fret ends. And a couple high frets.

Problems have been resolved. I like the guitar a lot. Neck is a bit thin but not too much so. Gnarley bridge pickup. Good acoustic resonance and vibration.

For $250? Sweet deal.

5756A558-7D67-48F4-BD98-8FFB698DCD73.jpeg

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
These “used” Squiers don’t come with a warranty, and there are so many of them. I was speculating that they were reconditioned but I would expect something like a 90 day warranty if they were. Is calling them ”used” a workaround to unload stock for which Fender has set a minimum price? Most vendors use bundles to beat the minimum price requirements. I wouldn’t normally be in the market for a 70s Thinline with dual pseudo-WRHBs but for the price…

Esquire Jones

Tele-Holic
These “used” Squiers don’t come with a warranty, and there are so many of them. I was speculating that they were reconditioned but I would expect something like a 90 day warranty if they were. Is calling them ”used” a workaround to unload stock for which Fender has set a minimum price? Most vendors use bundles to beat the minimum price requirements. I wouldn’t normally be in the market for a 70s Thinline with dual pseudo-WRHBs but for the price…
My guess is that it’s a B-stock item. Mine had the inspection hang tag and it was approved at the factory in Indonesia.

But like I said, mine had a warped bridge that was about 1/8” lifting on one corner.

I considered buying a new bridge but I figured out a way to straighten it.

And it fretted out in a couple areas. It was not perfect.

UPtele

Tele-Meister
I might buy one of the thinlines but having a hard time deciding which one

Last edited:

MaxPower93

TDPRI Member
I actually just bought two more from pro audio but off their reverb store. I made 2 lower offers than what they are on sale for on their site. Wound up making a deal. I got the affinity telecaster deluxe in burgundy mist for $130 and an Affinity Jaguar bass for $125. I couldn’t pass those deal up. I’m keeping the bass to possibly mod and giving the telecaster as a Christmas present to a youngster who wants to learn guitar.

dirtyolbanjoman

TDPRI Member
I grabbed 3 of the classic vibes from pro audio star a cv50’s and cv60’s telecasters and a cv60’s strat At $249 a piece I couldn’t resist.
They all showed up new 2 were 2022 one was a 2021.
Zero complaints these play as good as many higher end versions I’ve owned with just a setup.

Wildeman

Tele-Afflicted
I just got a CV P Bass from them, the deal went well and it was 100% a brand new instrument, never out of it's original box till I opened it.

UPtele

Tele-Meister
It's not the best humbucker sound I have but it feels good, nice and light. I'll play with the amp some more before I install other pickups.
I was going to get one but I dragged my feet too long and the price went up

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
I just don't have 'guitar $$' right now,

but after being so happy with my CV '69 Tele Thinline ( one year now- lots of gigs, too), I'd really like to get the Squier CV '50's 2-Tone SB Stratocaster.

I have a ( somewhat) '60's- style '93 Tex-Mex Stratocaster ( my #1 electric), and a complimentary 2-Tone SB Strat w/maple fingerboard would be awesome!

I owned a fantastic '98 2-Tone Jimmie Vaughan Strat, but stolen in 2001.
Would love to replace, with another affordable 2-Tone.

Plus, I love the C-neck/frets/radius on the CV Tele and it is the same on the Strat I'd like. Comfy!

Maybe next year!

rghill

Friend of Leo's
Proaudiostar is at it again, this time on Reverb!

Just ordered the Paranormal Telecaster $249 brand new!

Ok that's enough Squiers for now!

EDIT: Just checked the Proaudiostar web site and some models are even cheaper than on Reverb, so it pays to check before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Some stuff is almost as cheap as it was a month ago. CV 60s Strats for $250. Other examples:

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: