1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Big Head Todd covers Looking Glass. This is cool.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Jakedog, Sep 22, 2020.

1. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Wow. Perfectly captures my thoughts. I always thought the singer's voice on the original version sounded distinct and cool. But I never was crazy about the horns, backing vocals, or lyrics. But the Big Head Todd version sounds completely fresh even though they're playing the same arrangement note for note. Also, Todd comes off as such a normal guy that it's fun to watch. Anyway, thanks for posting--it just made my morning.

Sparky2 and Jakedog like this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

OK.....just so you guys know I'm not hallucinating or anything.......https://www.tdpri.com/threads/im-us...lly-if-played-straight.1048144/#post-10099663
    Sept. 10.....not two weeks ago. When you get to my age, we need all the reassurance we can get that we're not getting dementia. ;)

scook and Jakedog like this.
  3. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Wow, that's really good. His voice is tailor-made for that song.

4. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

?????
    Sorry for the late response- long, busy week.

But, ????? Blues? It was a pop song.
    BHTATM basically covered it as it was originally performed. All it showed me is that they are as good as the studio musicians hired to provide the backing track for the Looking Glass recording.
    Impressive in that regard, but your explanation for the Why? (i.e.Why was this remake necessary?) is simply confusing.
    What do the blues have to do with anything here?

5. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

My post was in response to papa32202's post which came immediately after the video for "I'll Play the Blues for You." It appeared to me that he was responding to that song. That IS blues.
    I can see how it might not have been clear, but c'mon, everyone knows "Brandy" is not blues. Sorry for the confusion.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.