Big doings for Momma this weekend!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Momma turned 80 this weekend. She had no idea that anything was being done for her sake. THEN, my daughter called and said, you are going to spend the weekend with the family at the coast. She got the beach house from her friend, and Friday morning we headed on over to the coast.

That evening we drove south about thirty miles to Jocko's a well-known steak & rib place for dinner. My son, daughter and her husband and our two granddaughters along with the great granddaughter were there for dinner.

The next morning, we all met over at my Granddaughters for a breakfast get-together and had a wonderful visit. In the afternoon we took in the sights and spent the night resting up for the trip home. Had a nice breakfast, then we all pitched in and tided up the place, and departed in time, to beat the sun going down before we arrived home. It's good to be home!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I forgot to mention, that I took us out to a nice seafood place Saturday night! Man, I am so happy to have such a wonderful, thoughtful family as we do! We always enjoy staying at the beach house, no matter what else is going on.

We're going to hit the sack for a little while, then get up around 2:30am and take my son to the airport, he's going on a three-state tour of meetings on the east coast! I hope the weather isn't terrible!

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I forgot to mention, that I took us out to a nice seafood place Saturday night! Man, I am so happy to have such a wonderful, thoughtful family as we do! We always enjoy staying at the beach house, no matter what else is going on.

We're going to hit the sack for a little while, then get up around 2:30am and take my son to the airport, he's going on a three-state tour of meetings on the east coast! I hope the weather isn't terrible!
The weather isn't terrible but it is suddenly much chillier! The extended summer here ended Saturday and winter has begun most abruptly. Happy Birthday to Momma and great to hear of the nice family weekend!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Thank you everyone! I can't believe we've been together almost 58 years. She is such a wonderful woman, a great mother, and companion. She has survived her years remarkably well I'm sure people think I'm an old man with a young wife! She was nearly brought to tears when the kids had a special desert for her brought out with a candle, and the whole place stopped their chatter and sang happy birthday to her! Somehow, they had passed her name around and called her by name during the song.