Big Bad Don. Mr. Henley is victimized again.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
I just read this article and really don't know what to think about it.

There's probable cause that it was theft or "conversion." On the face of it, at least, Ed Sanders had a songwriter's material that he did not own or have rights to. He sold it to Glenn Horowitz who seemingly did not do due dilligence on provenance and right of ownership. The material was resold to Edward Kosinski and Craig Inciardi. The DA believes there is probable cause that all concerned knew the material was stolen and conspired to conceal that when offering the material on the market.

I was recently in conversation over drinks with some other US rare book dealers who were not overly surprised that Horowitz was indicted.

BTW it's not a Don Henley issue at all. Someone believes they got ripped off and wants their stuff back.

Last edited:

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
I used to love The Eagles and Henley, then I watched the documentary about them. I couldn't believe how obnoxious Frey and Henley were, and you know they both signed off on that film before it was released.

Every time they asked Henley a question, he'd start his answer with some pompous thing like, "You know, Thoreau once said..." 🤮

Then they dove into how he and Frey deserved more money. Disgusting, in my opinion.

What they did to Don Felder was criminal. The guy was literally in tears.

I'm starting to think Mojo Nixon was right.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
There's probable cause that it was theft or "conversion." On the face of it, at least, Ed Sanders had a songwriter's material that he did not own or have rights to. He sold it to Glenn Horowitz who seemingly did not do due dilligence on provenance and right of ownership. The material was resold to Edward Kosinski and Craig Inciardi. The DA believes there is probable cause that all concerned knew the material was stolen and conspired to conceal that when offering the material on the market.

I was recently in conversation over drinks with some other US rare book dealers who were not overly surprised that Horowitz was indicted.

BTW it's not a Don Henley issue at all. Someone believes they got ripped off and wants their stuff back.
Yes it is a Henley issue. No DA (including this one) would have brought criminal charges and this would be a civil matter if not for the name recognition that Henley brings to the table.
EDIT: If the dipshizzles knew they didn't have proof that they got it legally they should've given it to Henley even though he didn't seem to know they were missing until they came up for sale.

Last edited:

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
My wife knew the eagles and jackson brown before they were famous. She described Don as a serious and a loner and Glenn as super nice. Jackson as always stoned. She had to drive him home a few times, and have her sister take her home after dropping off JB and his car.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
if the biographer didn't rightfully have the documents and he sold them and a significant amount was gained through his selling something that wasn't his... that is a crime. If a person knowingly or unknowingly buys stolen goods, depending on the established value (usually what they paid for it) it can be a felony.

Henley doesn't like people profiting off him or his work without his permission. He is a hard ass and his representative, Azoff, has made himself valuable to artist by being a hardass and stickler on everything.

They are relentless in protecting what they think is theirs. In this case, it would be hard to believe that Sanders had legitimate ownership of the documents in question.... so, because of that... the collectors are in hot water and, by law, rightfully so.

I don't think Henley cares that folks find him difficult or a jerk. Joe Walsh has publically said many times that he is happy with his deal with the Eagles as is Schmit. The Eagles are more profitable today than ever and not having Felder has not hurt the band.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I think they’ll be done when Frey’s son plays his last gig with them .

I like Steuart Smith and Vince and think those two and Joe Walsh - who still has it - would be interesting together.

Holy crap. I may have softened on the Eagles !

Irving ? The kind of animal you want on YOUR team.

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Col. Parker really turned music into the "music business". I'm sure there are other examples. Col. Tom might be one of the most recognizable.

Music, on the sales level of the Eagles, is a business and no different than any other venture.

I don't blame Henely for trying to protect his artistic content.

He might be an A$$. But if you're an Eagles fan. He's our A$$.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
If somebody was trying to profit from something of mine that he didn’t own, I’d not only want to sue him, I’d want to punch his face. It’s theft, without any doubt. If this was anyone but Henley, this would not even be questioned.