BIC 4 Color Pen

rockymtnguitar

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
As a technical writer, I use those daily. I prefer the orange fine point version. For those that rapidly run out of blue/black, Amazon has refill packs. Way cheaper than replacing the whole pen.

sudogeek

Tele-Holic
Flashback to engineering school. Don’t have any now but still have 3 slide rules (my nice K&E log-log-deci-trig, my father’s slide rule from his engineering school days, and a plastic pocket-sized circular one.)

King-of-Tone

TDPRI Member
In pharmacy school in the 80's we used those for drawing out molecular structures in medicinal chemistry. Always pushing those electrons. All you could hear was constant click, click, click

Pcs264

Tele-Meister
Nurse pens

my mom was a nurse for years and years and years. And for some reason they color-coded a lot of stuff on charts and reports so they were always around the house.

When I was a newly graduated RN (mid-70s), we all used these. We all rotated shifts, and of course all chart documentation was pen & paper, and by policy where I worked then, it was color-coded by shift: black or blue for day shift, green for evening shift, and red for nights.

Guitarzan

Poster Extraordinaire
I went through some of my old stuff recently and found an old BIC 4 color pen from the 1970s probably, it worked perfectly, all four colors. I bought a few more online and they are still made in France and look exactly like my old pen, I should be set for life. Good to see some things stay the same.

I have purchased and used more of them in adulthood than in childhood. I use them for my editing method, which is to print documents, proofread and markup with a ruler and red pen, make the changes in the word processor file, and then cross each red mark with a green mark It is an effort to ensure all markups are made in the native file.

daddyplaysbass

Tele-Afflicted
In the Army I was the Log Ops NCO for a Support Group; used 4-color to distinguish the S-1, S-2, S-3 and S4 equipment used a separate orange ballpoint pen for the Log Ops section (which was separate from the S-3).