1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Beware of this Telecaster on Ebay

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by toogoodd, Oct 17, 2017.

1. toogoodd

toogoodd Tele-Meister

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I just found a Original 1952 refinished Fender Telecaster on Ebay for $1050 buy it now. Too good to be true...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=382254230857

I remember seeing this guitar on this site awhile back. http://www.classicrockguitars.nl/1952-fender-blackguard-backelite-telecaster.html

The buy it now price was way too fishy, but the seller's account has thousands of positive review. But still, I decided to call the company and check, and apparently, they were constantly being hacked by some people from China. They were taking advantage of CSISBRIDAL due to their high positive feedback rate. I just wanted to post this because I've had a few back experiences through Ebay. :(

ShadowChancer likes this.
  2. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

Fleabay has already pulled the ad.

3. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, when I put my 78 on eBay and was casually checking competition - there was a clone using my pictures! I had it killed three times. Fortunately their's was so amateurish nobody would have bought it.

4. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I've reported and gotten several fraud ads from China kicked off Ebay for Fuuldrive or Mojo Hand pedals supposedly new and selling for $18-$20. The seller is always a new member to Ebay and has no feedback.

5. tbb007

tbb007 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

What I’ve seen recently is someone who lists vintage guitars for insanely low starting bids (one current example: “Vintage pre CBS Fender Stratocaster Mason Ruffner Owned”. Free shipping. Starting bid was 18 cents). If you click to get more info, you find a crudely designed page informing you that it is a firm Buy It Now, at a more realistic price (this one is $1,050 US), and all bids will be removed. The seller is always different, but someone with a lot of positive feedback, and if you look up the seller by name (not just click “other items for sale”), they seem to be offering completely different items. If you watch any of these listings, they generally disappear altogether within a day.

Not like I’m in the market for this guitar (or, say, their 1962 Gretsch 6121 for 32 cents). Just trying to work out exactly how big a scam this is.

EDIT: re-reading OP— maybe same thing?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.