1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Beware Of Deer!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by boneyguy, Oct 28, 2020.

1. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

He has dogs, too. Lazy, useless ones apparently.

2. bowman

bowman Friend of Leo's

Last Sunday a good-sized buck got his antlers caught in the electric fence at the farm where we board our horse. Unusual - there are lots of deer there and none of them ever get stuck in the fence, which is white so that it is quite visible. Plus, it's not more that 4 feet tall, so even a baby deer can jump over it easily. The fence is just there to keep the horses from wandering into the woods where it would be hard to find them. It was crazy - he went nuts trying to shake that wire fence off. We had to tackle him - it took 4 people - then sit on him to keep him calm while the farm owner cut the fence off of him. (and he was covered with ticks - yuck) When it was all over, he jumped up and casually walked away like nothing happened. And of course, while this was going on a couple of the horses did get into the woods and had to be retrieved. A strange afternoon.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Rowdyman and carpenter like this.
  4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Just did 400 miles, from western North Carolina to the vicinity of Memphis, and wish to make 2 observations:

1) The Ocoee River was running screaming high. I saw two kayakers on it, near Double Suck but my advice is, go run a creek someplace instead. At least 6,000 cubic feet per second; and

2) So many whitetail roadkill deer carcasses. I lost track at about 50. These critters have gone nuts in their normal range. Saw a lot of abandoned cars with front end damage also.

And we so thought we were in high cotton, having dodged the worst of the Zeta carnage (what I will have to contend with in New Orleans remains to be seen).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.