Beware: MDBCovers!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by FenderGuy53, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Several years ago, I purchased a new Roland Blues Cube Hot. I cover all my amps, so I ordered a custom made cover from MDB Covers website. The cover was reasonably priced, well made, fit very nicely, and shipped within a week.

Shortly thereafter, having purchased a new Orange Crush 35RT, I was back online with MDB Covers. I made the order and received the cover within 10 days or so.

This time, however, when I opened the mailing envelope, I got a strong blast of cigarette smoke; the cover wreaked of it. I contacted the owner immediately; he first offered to discount the cover (which didn't interest me), then requested that I return the cover, on my dime, and when he receives the cover, he will refund my original purchase price. What? I tracked the return, and when I didn't receive my refund in a timely manner, I contacted the owner again; he tells me he can't give me the refund; I have to go through his payment company to get my money.

Anyway, long story shorter, I had to file a claim with my credit card company, which apparently got someone's attention, and I finally got my money back (minus my return shipping). The entire process took over a month!

In the interim, I purchased a Fender Blues Junior amp cover, which is very slightly larger than the amp, but it adequately serves the purpose.

Now, fast forward to yesterday. MDB Covers is now selling on Reverb, and currently has a sale going on for Orange Crush 35RT amp covers PLUS discounted shipping. I figured, what the hey? Let's try this again!

I contacted the owner, asking him:

"If I buy this cover, can you assure me that it will not smell like the one that I returned, which smelled like tobacco smoke?

Thank you."

I get nothing. I then email him via MDB Covers website, and he replies:

"I don't want your business, sir. Please stop messaging me.

Sincerely,
    Michael D Bradshaw"

Wow! Really? Well, one thing is for certain. I will NEVER buy from MDBCovers again!

2. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Ok, good to know as I have a couple of their covers on my Reverb wish list...I'll just ask my wife to sew some up as I only need in-home dust covers anyway.

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  3. FenderGuy53

What amps are you looking to cover?

4. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm surprised you went back for a 2nd helping.

5. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Presently I have a Blackstar HT 40 Club and a Mustang I. I throw a couple of her scarves from her collection over them...sort of a Queen meets Aerosmith arrangement. She would probably go for something more low key and in consonance with the bedroom decor.

6. FenderGuy53

MDBCovers does make a nice cover, and I do believe in second chances, but given my recent exchange with Michael D. Bradshaw, I cannot, in good conscience, move forward with them.

His unwillingness to take responsibility for his prior actions makes me unwilling to do future business with him. Period.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  7. FenderGuy53

Orange Crush 35RT.

stormsedge likes this.
  8. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

RoarDog and vid1900 like this.
  9. FenderGuy53

Read my reply to bender66.

10. FenderGuy53

Check out LeCover and Custom Amp Covers.

bullfrogblues and stormsedge like this.
  11. '59Tele

'59Tele TDPRI Member

Same here. I'd presume they felt you gave them a hard time and so would probably treat you even worse the second time around.

Do that twice in a restaurant and they spit in your soup.

vid1900 and bender66 like this.
  12. FenderGuy53

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has those days that are not his/her shining moments; but it's how you deal with those moments that reveal your true character.

In business, the customer is always right, even if he isn't; otherwise, you won't be in business very long.

As a God-fearing man, I believe in second chances; but burn me twice, then I will walk away - and advise others to do the same!

tidalcast likes this.
  13. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

i detect a problem here.

14. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Thread closed, as per the long standing rule:

Agenda Posting:
    From time to time we get people that show up with an AGENDA. Usually, they feel they've been burned somewhere. Or they don't like something. Or they believe strongly in some cause. And they want to use our Forum Community to "warn", "inform" and "protect" our members. But what they really want to do is to use our Forum as their personal soapbox and megaphone.

Please be aware that we don't wish to have our community used by anyone for their personal soapbox to warn the world of anything.

Such "Agenda" posting with Beware, Warning, Don't Buy From, etc topics will be removed. If you've got a problem with a vendor, or online seller, etc then you need to work things out with them. Do NOT bring your problem to our Forum Community.

Syrinx likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.