Better Call Saul Series Finale (Spoilers likely)

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
You saw that fat security guard in the show. Did he look unhappy?

What part of the world has no Cinnabon? It's about as Middle America as you can get.
Every part of the world that isn't "middle America"? Nobody where I live has ever heard of it except maybe when it's referenced in an American movie.

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
i'm sorry, but i don't get out to the mall much.
Hell, it's been around so long I worked at a knock off in high school. A loooooong time ago. I'm not sure I have had a real Cinnabon. I got fired because I didn't have the skills to make them correctly. Oh well

I just looked it up. 1200 locations. Not all middle America but not Germany. Odd.

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I think the chanting on the bus was meant to show us and Jimmy that the Saul character he created is not going to die away. On the bus, he tries to tell them he's not Saul, he's Jimmy, but they don't hear him. He's a celebrity among the criminal classes. I think they're going to hound him in prison, forcing him against his will to be their personal slimy jailhouse lawyer, and that'll be like his personal hell.

He thought he'd ended the Saul persona when he came clean in court and admitted everything, that's what he wanted to do, purge himself of the evil, but he basically got the punishment he deserved and now he's facing 86 years of karma.
Almost on board with this, but he didn't look unhappy as Kim walked away.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Almost on board with this, but he didn't look unhappy as Kim walked away.
Yeah I realize that. I think that's his one little consolation in all of the misery he's facing. She's his one connection to Jimmy, and he really loves her, always did. And I guess she can probably continue to visit him with her ID card without an expiration date for a while.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Hell, it's been around so long I worked at a knock off in high school. A loooooong time ago. I'm not sure I have had a real Cinnabon. I got fired because I didn't have the skills to make them correctly. Oh well

I just looked it up. 1200 locations. Not all middle America but not Germany. Odd.

We've still got enough real bakeries here 👍🏼🥐🍞😋😇

(But Cinnabon would probably clean up if they wanted to invest)

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
I think the chanting on the bus was meant to show us and Jimmy that the Saul character he created is not going to die away. On the bus, he tries to tell them he's not Saul, he's Jimmy, but they don't hear him. He's a celebrity among the criminal classes. I think they're going to hound him in prison, forcing him against his will to be their personal slimy jailhouse lawyer, and that'll be like his personal hell.
You saw Jimmy's little smile at the bus chanting. Rather than his personal hell it's the opposite - megastardom in his new small universe. His kind of knowledge will buy lots of desserts, cigarettes & hooch, or whatever prison currency is these days (Bit-cigs?). He'll still be sticking it to the system through his clients while remaining hidden from public scrutiny and living his passion. He CAN'T change.

With any luck he might even be able to get one of those "sovereign citizen" scams to actually work for somebody! Maybe even Jared Fogle, who tried it & failed.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
You saw Jimmy's little smile at the bus chanting. Rather than his personal hell it's the opposite - megastardom in his new small universe. His kind of knowledge will buy lots of desserts, cigarettes & hooch, or whatever prison currency is these days (Bit-cigs?). He'll still be sticking it to the system through his clients while remaining hidden from public scrutiny and living his passion. He CAN'T change.

With any luck he might even be able to get one of those "sovereign citizen" scams to actually work for somebody!
Could be! I think ambiguity like this is a mark of effective artistry, same as it would be in poetry, song lyrics, painting. Good art always leaves room for interpretation.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

Four locations in my state - three in truck stops and one in an outlet mall.

staxman

Tele-Afflicted
The writers of BB/BCS were meticulous in their attention to the storyline and respectful of the super fans they built along the way who obsessed on every word and detail in the shows. In BCS Season 2, some very analytical Better Call Saul fans and viewers noticed a very cool "easter egg" reference to Gus Fring from Breaking Bad in the episodes' titling. The fans aligned up the first letters of each episode titles to spell out the words, "FRINGS BACK." Gus from Breaking Bad, returned to reprise his role in Better Call Saul, Season 3. Episodes that composed this reference to Gus Fring were the first letters of "Fifi," "Rebecca," "Inflatable," "Nailed," "Gloves Off," "Switch," "Bali Hai," "Amarillo," "Cobbler," and "Klick." Producers Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan actually stated that they didn't expect to see fans figure the episode word puzzle out so soon. Vince Gilligan even said he planned on announcing the "easter egg" because he didn't think fans would find it. Way cool!

thestreet

Tele-Meister

He thought he'd ended the Saul persona when he came clean in court and admitted everything, that's what he wanted to do, purge himself of the evil, but he basically got the punishment he deserved and now he's facing 86 years of karma.

His prison life won't be that bad as far as dealing with other inmates....he has a tradeable commodity, his expertise in law, and plus he's charming.

When Kim came to visit him he was working in the prison kitchen. When he was called out by a guard to see the visitor he clearly had a very amicable and mutually respectful relationship with his fellow inmates. There was a high five and I think a fist bump on his way out of the kitchen, plus some friendly nods, and he asked another guy to cover for him in a way that implied he was in charge.

With his personality he's probably one of the most popular guys in the prison. The scene on the bus foreshadowed what he could expect in prison - reverence.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Fun trivia: Michael McKean, who plays Jimmy’s brother Chuck, is also a well known comic actor best known for his role as David St. Hubbins, lead singer of Spinal Tap in the cult 1984 rockumentary satire, This is Spinal Tap.

...and Lenny from "Laverne & Shirley".

omahaaudio

Friend of Leo's
I’m a huge Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul fan. Now that the series has concluded, I’d love to hear y’all’s thoughts. I thought it was a hellava ride!
I think that Breaking Bad was excellent, but I think that Better Call Saul jumped the shark once Howard Hamlin died.
I was not impressed with the last two episodes at all.