Best Wife Ever

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bluego1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Holic

so i fudged a little on the half price thing. She knows that, though. She is my Queen.
    [​IMG]

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats, my female partners have always cost me guitars rather than gain me any.
    Probably why I've never been tempted to marry.
    Maybe if I start pretending to be really in to expensive aftershaves and high end underpants one will buy me a nice guitar one day.:)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    24 track, Shuster and Bluego1 like this.
  3. BlackieBlues

BlackieBlues TDPRI Member

My queen let me buy Gibson’s :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skamania, jannodude, CDox and 4 others like this.
  4. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Cool wife...if you could see my house...turned it into a full blown studio since fri..best to just be honest...life is too short not to live & enjoy

we got 4x12's lined up.....vocal closet now.. iso in my closet with preamps & Computer.. 25 ft cable out to cabs

7 amps in the room. Bass amp has mic on it..its so easy to do parts..its all hooked up ready to go

moving soon..but i dont know..lol...i like this..but whole new house will be built around her kitchen & my music needs (and go kart track & golf course set up)...time to live..and if ya just communicate..marriage is a win/win,, 19 studio1.jpg 19 studio 4.jpg

Skamania, CDox, 24 track and 4 others like this.
  5. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

She's got some competition - after mentioning that there's a shop in NYC that makes Telecasters out of old Bowery pine (a Rick Kelly), my wife insisted that I get one. I told her "Woman, come to your senses!". I'm not getting one (at least not yet), but it's good to know I've got the clearance ;)

CDox, mkdaws32, 24 track and 2 others like this.
  6. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I am married to a woman like that, nearly 45 years on. There are always a few ups and downs and so on, but it’s pretty darned nice, eh?

Nice geetars!

7. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

Cheers to all of our great queens. Thankfully I have a woman who lets me basically do whatever I want with the exception of doing something with another woman “which I would never do.” I did educate her in the ways of the guitar force. My queen understands that I’m a musician and the love I have for music and gear...... Thank god she is mine, gorgeous, smart and accepts me for me. I have so much gear that any other woman would just not be nice to me about it. Lol. I believe I have the greatest wife ever. She also knows what’s quality and what’s junk.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  8. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

I have the same for my birthday last year we went for sushi, when I came home and went into the studio I found this on the seat in my studio

yamaha-aw4416-982.jpg

9. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Sounds like your queen is a very wonderful woman! You are blessed.

10. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

Indicative of today's "men"...afraid of a woman.
    I am not married, but if I were, I would absolutely NOT ask for "permission" from the little woman to buy anything. EVER! And I let my GFs know from the start...never tell me what to do, except for remaining faithful. But then again, I am a "man's man" & not afraid of the opposite sex. Never have been; never will be.

11. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart Tele-Meister

I'm shocked you're not married.....

Teleguy61, FLHT, Chunkocaster and 8 others like this.
  12. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Mmmm... Newlyweds?

Although did you catch the coded warning ‘good thing I love you so much’... tread carefully.

I just get....

- Remember to take the dog out before you fall asleep.

- I’ve got an amazon order coming. Make sure you are in.

- Somebody rang for you. I can’t remember who.

- Did you get cheese?

- Sorry. I have confession. I ate your last piece of carrot cake. (Yesterday).

- I’m going to bed now. Don’t wake me up.

Or the classic big gig interval text...

- Aren’t you playing tonight? Can you pick up some milk on the way back?... oh and some bread... oh... and some muffins.. in fact go to the 24hr ASDA and I’ll text you a full list.

She makes me feel like such a rockstar!

CDox, Bluego1 and 24 track like this.
  13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Charmer..

14. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

there is a marked difference between asking permission and buggering up a unity descision for ones self , if you are working with some one to achieve a common goal then full diclosure is emminent, but to have a blanket statement of I wont ask permission, ....HMM obviously you have never been part of a group descision making process.

I never ask for permission to do what i do , but my wife is behind me for the descisions and aquisitions I make , providing I do not derail our common goals

and believe me I have more toys than any one should ever have. thanks to my wife

DHart, Toadtele, jannodude and 2 others like this.
  15. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I got a good one too. Lite Ash Telecaster for Father's Day a few years back. Complete surprise and that she knew what a Lite Ash Telecaster was shocked me. There's more to the story - good story, but I've shared it somewhere here before.

Recently she said I need a new telecaster after I tried out a Player Series. Not in the budget right now, from my perspective it would be selfish to go out and get it just because she "gave permission", but it's nice that she cares about the things I care about.

24 track and Bluego1 like this.
  16. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

Where do you get Woman like this? Its like a miracle

17. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Mine is great also, she’s been buying me Christmas guitars every other year. So when ever we can afford it, she buys me a guitar, and I support her picture taking passion. We never fight and we discuss everything. Being supportive of each other pays big dividends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mkdaws32 and Bluego1 like this.
  18. CDox

CDox TDPRI Member

My ex wife is a totally different story. The exact opposite of my wife now. I’ll just leave it at that. My new amp is coming today.

24 track and Bluego1 like this.
  19. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    I have zero complaints on the wife front....heck she totally surprised me with a Fender '72 RI Thinline Tele for my 60th b-day last year (had it shipped to my in-laws)….this, after me showing her a pic of the same guitar, Squire instead, months before that...I would've been perfectly fine with the Squire, but I sure do love this Fender. Not to mention that she was cool this spring with me "accidentally" winning an eBay auction on a '64 Harmony H15, all original, in virtually mint condition - this was the guitar I grew up learning on, played for a couple decades before foolishly parting ways.....but that's another story.

CDox and Bluego1 like this.
  20. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Holic

Nope. Commando is King;).

Chunkocaster and 24 track like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.