Best Warmoth neck

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Kmaxbrady, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady TDPRI Member

I love the 52 avri neck, as well as the Baja and the Paisley sig. which of the Warmoth necks in your experience comes closest to these?

2. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

You have a U neck, a soft vee, and an “enhanced” vee, plus a combination of 7.25 9.5 inch radii. Warmoth offers all those combinations I believe.

3. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady TDPRI Member

The thing I really like about the 52 neck is the rounded fretboard edge. Does the boatneck have that feature?

4. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Meister

You’ll just have to have them roll the fretboard edges I’m sure they’ll do that as an option

5. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/BackContours.aspx

Lots of info on their web site. Personally I think the "standard thin" should be emphasis on "thin" and I like the '59 best. I also do not like their "modern pro" double truss rod construction, although I can see that it has advantages.

They won't roll edges, dress frets, or anything not listed on their site. That's the kind of work you want to take to a tech anyhow, if you are not ready to do it yourself. People have different tolerances for how much bevel and roll they really want.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  6. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Warmoth was the only neck I had that didn't really require any fretwork when I got it. I really didn't like the side adjuster hole for the 2nd truss rod, but it does work and I came to like the functionality of it. Also, the nut work was amazingly correct and accurate. I really didn't expect that out of the box. The '59 Roundback is definitely my favorite profile - very close to the late 50s early 60s Fender profile. Not thin, but not a boat oar, either. WarmothNut.jpg

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I prefer the Warmoth necks with the more traditional kinds of truss rods. I've got both the neck access and end heel access. I wouldn't go with that Gotoh side adjust - I got to play a few of them (yes they were shreddy thin) and they sounded like a neck constructed of metal and not wood. Plus I read a few accounts of the Gotoh side adjust being over-adjusted and the works just fall apart inside that void (the life of such a neck is basically over).

Anyway, I would suggest a Boatneck in unfinished form and you can shape it as you see fit.

How does a Warmoth neck get a Fender decal legal affixed to it? Oh, I get it. It starts F-e then spells out something else. No problem.

8. Volktar

Volktar TDPRI Member

You trying to say it aint authentic? Man - way to go all GIBSON on us!

9. sothoth

sothoth Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

My necks from warmoth always feel a tad sharp on the bottom. The one I play the most required some dressing, which I finally decided to do myself. Totally worth it. As noted above, it’s hard for someone else to know how you like it. IMO, if you’re picky enough to want to have the frets dressed, you probably should be prepared to pay extra money to have a pro do it, or to take the time and care (and the risk) to do it yourself. Just watch some YouTube videos so you know how to protect the wood before you start doing it should you choose to do it yourself.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

1 11/16”-1 7/8” wide at the nut Warmoth necks are my faves.

Leo got standard neck width (1 5/8” ?!) wrong...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.