Best Squier?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by avagadro, Jun 23, 2013.

1. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

Very nice

2. Justin L Franks

Justin L Franks TDPRI Member

Squier has been putting out some absolutely amazing Telecasters lately!

The Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster is the overall best Squier Tele.

The Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster looks prettier with the binding, but I just don't like rosewood fingerboards on Teles, and didn't like the way its neck felt in general, so the Classic Vibe 50's, with its maple fingerboard is (in my opinion) a better choice. The Butterscotch Blonde and Vintage Blonde finishes also look amazing.

For someone on a tight budget, the Squier Affinity Telecaster is an amazing value.

The Squier Telecaster Custom II with the two P90 pickups also is a great value.

The Squier Jim Root Telecaster with the active EMG pickups is not my thing, but for people into that sort of guitar, it is killer.

I am very much looking forward to trying out the new Squier Cabronita Telecasters, especially the one with the Bigsby and the standard Tele bridge pickup. I think these guitars will be absolutely amazing for the money, and will be a great alternative to the Classic Vibe Tele's for people who want a less-traditional Telecaster.

3. aryoprionggo

aryoprionggo Tele-Meister

squier JIm root doesn't have active EMG , only black covered passive.. damn :oops:

4. ToddinTX

ToddinTX Tele-Meister

I gather that the Classic Vibe is the best thing going right now, and EVERYBODY has a preference. I will say though that my Vintage Modified Thinline tele is a great guitar. It is a short scale with rosewood fretboard, but it is great sounding guitar! It came from a mom and pop place and was setup perfectly when I bought it. The tuners might eventually need replacing but the parts generally seem pretty stable.

Todd

5. Ritchie Rooster

Ritchie Rooster Tele-Meister

I have the CV Custom, and the only mod I'm looking at, is getting an Affinity maple neck to swap for the rosewood.
    The blonde one is a MIM that had top loading strings. I had strings drilled out for through the body, and had ALL the electronics and the bridge fitted with 1962 stuff!

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
  6. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Nice guitars everyone along with some nice pictures!

I don't see many cool Squiers locally on our CL or I would have bought one recently. I like the ones w/ gloss necks most like VM and CV. Those are excellent guitars. I'd love to have one of those newer VM Mustangs, Jazzmasters or Jaguars. They look so cool. White, blue and seafoam green are very pretty. Never owned any of those colors before. Have had ads up on CL in the past trying to buy a BSB Classic Vibe 50's Tele but no luck. I never see them for sale. I saw one 2 years ago and that was it on the local used market.

-

My Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic was a very, very nice guitar. It was very resonant unplugged. All my favorite guitars have sounded amazing and lively unplugged. I used to have about 10 guitars and ened up trading the Squier because I couldn't sell it for a decent price (more than $160)

I traded it along w/ a Vox Pathfinder 15R (got it for free in a trade) for a Epiphone V. Then I traded the Epi V for a mint 2006 MIM Standard Strat. Had 3 Strats and had a hard time trying to sell the Strat for $250 so when a fellow offered to trade me a mint Fender Jaguar Special HH I drove right over. (If you haven't heard of the Jag HH that's OK. I hadn't either but Fender's been making it for 20 years!) The Jag HH retails for $800 new so trading off the Duo-Sonic worked out OK actually.

-

Squier has a couple cool guitars coming out in 2014. Those look great. New and unique Squier/Fender guitar designs are always welcome! Fender puts out so much cool stuff these days that it is hard to keep up. I'm envious of the kids 20 years from now having all these great used guitar choices to choose from (Squier 51, VM, Classic Vibe). They will be vintage guitars then and maybe even collectable.

7. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

FWIW I LOVE my VM custom, the Keef model: love the beefy neck, love the feel, love everything about it!

8. menace

menace Tele-Meister

I've only had 2 a bullet frets no Buenos and my new vm cabronita with Busby love my vm I just need to set the action a little lower

9. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

I have had a small army of recent and older vintage Squiers. Of the recent issue Squiers I would say the best I have/had are the Squier '51 (first run) and #unpopular_opinion the plain old squire standard tele. The CV 50 and 60s are good but the necks are too thin for me. Honestly i have a 2007 Standard (Indonesia) (and before that I had a Walnut Standard maybe 2004?) and they are outstanding guitars for the money. I have modded them here and there over time but they are also very good right out of the box. YMMV

10. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

Of all the Squier Tele's out there, quality and price wise the real diamond in the rut is the Squier V M Telecaster Custom II.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
  11. Big tuna

Big tuna Tele-Holic

The ones that's you don't have to level and re-crown frets right from get go! seriously most classic vibes ive played have been well playing and finished nice,strats and teles.affinity most ive played need work to make decent a few have impressed me.

12. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta Tele-Afflicted

I truly enjoy my 2007 Standard Deluxe.

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      42.2 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      50 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      45.9 KB
      Views:
  13. hoserton

hoserton Tele-Meister

I love my CVC. I have a much pricier US made Ernie Ball Silo Special that I'm going to sell because I haven't played it since I got the CVC two years ago.

14. barrie013

barrie013 NEW MEMBER!

Erwin, this is what one looks like with a rosewood board. This is not my work, my wife bought it for me as she knows I love Teles and P90s.

Attached Files:

15. WriteNoob

WriteNoob Tele-Meister Double Platinum Supporter

This is it, for me.

Definitely the CV Tele Thinline, for me. It's as much subjective, as fact based. Just feels awesome to play, and she ain't lacking in the looks department. Pair it up with that Mustang 3, in the pic, and you've got many, many hours of fun. Had both for just over a year, and getting the itch to do some upgrades. Already have a set of Fender N3's, and a Babicz FC Bridge on the way. That's the greatest thing about these, for me. The body is pretty great, and the rest is all relative. Paid $250 for this little charmer, so it's not like I'm threatening the value of a $1000 American Standard, or anything. Just my 2 cents.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  16. matt mcgriff

matt mcgriff TDPRI Member

I've got a CV50 Butterscotch Blonde and will be getting both a CV50 Strat and a VM Jazz Bass in the next few months.

17. doof

doof Tele-Holic

here's my little Squier family
    [​IMG]

the CV50s are definitely my favourite, play them far more often that i play my american special or my blacktop. I put a custom shop texas special in the bridge of the BSB, but just didn't like how it sounded, and went back to the stock pickup, and couldn't be more in love. i did put some compensated saddles on it just last week, not that it needed it, but shes even better now. only downside is she weighs a fair bit. the upside is that after i play her, the VB feels light as a feather!

The CVC is just as good quality, and plays and sounds great. i'm not really a fan of the rosewood fingerboard though, but she's still an incredible guitar all around.

after a bit of work the affinity turned into a might fine esquire, and the strat is a mid-80s E-Series MIJ that i don't play much due to fret buzz above the 12th fret.

18. slippin slider

slippin slider Tele-Afflicted

I'm impressed did the guitar come in that color? Well, it looks killer.

19. purplegenie

purplegenie Tele-Meister

This. That color is rocking my world.

20. buddhuu

buddhuu Tele-Meister

My CV50 Strat (modded) is the best guitar I've owned in the last 10 years, and I've had a few!

Seriously considering a BSB CV50 Tele to keep it company.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.