Best song title ever

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Warren Zevon springs quickly to mind as a prime source for provocative song titles, e.g., "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead," "Lawyers, Guns, and Money," and "Accidentally Like a Martyr."

Don't know who came up with "Bad Liver and a Broken Heart" first--Scott Nolan or Tom Waits--but it's great.

jimking

TDPRI Member
I think that, whatever one's spouse's first name is, if it's also a song title, then that should be one's best song title ever.

If your wife's name is Sherry, then "Sherry." The 4 Seasons had a song by that title.

If it's Anna, then the Arthur Alexander song that was covered by the Beatles.
If you can't find a song title with your spouse's name, there's always, "The Name Game" by Shirley Ellis. I play it at shows when I can't find a song for someone's name. Have fun!

dasherf17

Tele-Meister
25 mi SE of Rogers (South Minneapolis)...
I think that, whatever one's spouse's first name is, if it's also a song title, then that should be one's best song title ever.

If your wife's name is Sherry, then "Sherry." The 4 Seasons had a song by that title.

If it's Anna, then the Arthur Alexander song that was covered by the Beatles.
My wife's name is Dawn...after 40+ years of knowing/married to her...she hasn't...
Take that, Frankie...(the 4 Seasons...my favorite group before the Beatles...sidenote: I missed a chance at getting a pristine copy of The Beatles Vs. The 4 Seasons a couple years ago...only $250...it typically goes for $3000+...)

dasherf17

Tele-Meister
25 mi SE of Rogers (South Minneapolis)...
Warren Zevon springs quickly to mind as a prime source for provocative song titles, e.g., "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead," "Lawyers, Guns, and Money," and "Accidentally Like a Martyr."

Don't know who came up with "Bad Liver and a Broken Heart" first--Scott Nolan or Tom Waits--but it's great.
Tom Waits is always a great choice for tongue in cheek titles, even if the beef of the punch line is in the lyrics...or in the storyline leading up to the song on a live album...

joe.attaboy

Tele-Meister
Don't know if he's been mentioned, but Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet) created a goldmine of both challenging music and great song titles, some that actually related to the songs and the lyrics.

"Hey, Garland, I Dig Your Tweed Coat"
"Neon Meate Dream of a Octafish"
"A Carrot is as Close as a Rabbit Gets to a Diamond"
"Making Love to a Vampire with a Monkey on My Knee"

"Hey, Garland" is a personal favorite, and the digital release of that album (Ice Cream For Crow) included the song's instrumental track with the title "Light Reflected Off the Oceans of the Moon" Which is actually one of his more "normal" titles.

SpookyElectric

TDPRI Member
"You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma" - David Frizzell and Shelly West

"Richard Ramirez Died Today Of Natural Causes" - Sun Kil Moon

"I'm On The Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep" - Blue Öyster Cult

"I See You Are Also Wearing A Black T-Shirt" - Whores