jrintheemaking

TDPRI Member
What is everyone’s vote for their favorite single coil pickup for clarity on clean tones?
I would have to go with either Texas Specials or Teisco Gold Foils.

Last edited:

jrintheemaking

TDPRI Member
My 2020 MIM Deluxe Roadhouse has Vintage Noiseless pickups. They're the most sparkly, articulate, clear pickups I've had. My 2016 Deluxe Roadhouse has Texas Specials; they're loud and raunchy and make me feel like Hendrix or SRV.
That’s really interesting. Perhaps Fender has done a new iteration of their noiseless pickups? I’ve had a few guitars with Fender noiseless in them and I felt they sounded pretty sterile.

jrintheemaking

TDPRI Member
My 2020 MIM Deluxe Roadhouse has Vintage Noiseless pickups. They're the most sparkly, articulate, clear pickups I've had. My 2016 Deluxe Roadhouse has Texas Specials; they're loud and raunchy and make me feel like Hendrix or SRV.
Although I had a Strat with those Bill Lawrence noiseless pickups and I liked those

BB

Poster Extraordinaire
Wow....to many to say! I really, really dig to so many different single coil pickups, it's hard to limit it to one.

I'm sure about Gold Foils though.....I've had and used various GF's over the years. As much as I love the DeArmonds, the Teisco style fit what my ears like to hear a bit better.

That said, during a time of great brokeness and brokenness, a vintage wind tele neck pickup Zhangliqin (Dave Plumber of Zhanbucker Pickups) graciously allowed me to use until I could pay him for it, (and a most loved Paul Bunyan bridge pickup) was an absolute thing of beauty. One of the most fabulous, fat, bluesy, touch responsive pickup I've used.

I've had a sweet, Harmonic Design Z-90 sitting in my parts box for 13 years now. Have yet to try it as my 'building/modding' days are pretty much over. From what I've read and heard about it though, I believe it would be one I like.

Other than that, I can go down the list of various P-90, strat, speed bump, Hershey Bar, Tele, et al pickups that tweaked my tone bone, but I do not want to bore everyone to death!

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I find the Gibson Alnico V “Staple” pickup to be very clear sounding.
The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop makes a great replica, too.
Here are my Duncans.
73A644BD-D033-4FDB-B267-7898C04C1566.jpeg
BCC01C3D-9BD7-4939-830E-298819AC7621.jpeg
0CAA7579-6D0F-4DFC-BADA-BDF00DF1512C.jpeg

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I have heard that the newer V4 noiseless aren't as lifeless as earlier versions.
I prefer a tad of mid and warmth in my teles so I go boutique.
If you want clean, actually the off the shelf Fender bridges OEM
are more Bakersfield sounding.