Best setup for slide

Crawldaddy

Tele-Holic
OP: Your situation is pretty much what I face myself - 2 teles, but one seems best for "normal" playing, and one dedicated for slide.

Since I love playing on baseball necks, my '51 Nocaster tribute build sticks with 10s and a normal setup.

The other telecaster is a Blade by Levinson Delta T-2, with a skinny neck that is perfect for slide setup in standard tuning. I've got it strung up with 11s, and action ever so slightly higher than normal, with some relief added as well. Between the higher string tension and the slightly higher action, it's great for slide playing.

Tjeppen

Tele-Meister
For me, I find the neck radius is very important for slide playing. A 7.25'' radius is much harder to play slide with then a 12'' radius neck. The difference between a modern Tele and a vintage/reissue in my opinion.

Zoso420

Tele-Holic
Best advice I've seen on setting a guitar up for slide is don't. Spend a little extra time working on your touch so that every guitar you own is a slide guitar.

old wrench

Friend of Leo's
You, too? OMG, how many Corricidin pills have gone into the trash over the years?

That's funny - I haven't thought about that for a long time :).

The guy that bought my old Strat and Champ back in 1976 when I was scraping up some cash to travel to Alaska on, also got the Corricidin bottle, because I used to stash it in the bottom of the Champ's cabinet when I wasn't using it :).

If I'm not mistaken, I think some outfit started making re-pops of the old Corricidin bottles specifically for use as slides.

I just use a small open-ended glass slide now :).