1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Best replacement locking tuners for a Bullet and Affinity ?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by moonman2, Sep 6, 2020.

1. moonman2

moonman2 Tele-Meister

(Obviously two questions)

I have both a Bullet Squier and Affinity Squier Tele, but I want to replace the tuners on both with locking ones (just for convenience).

Which options would be best (for both) and would require the least amount (if any) work (drilling etc).

Are there possibly any out there that would be a direct fit ?

Cheers.

2. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Holic

Check Wilkinson. They may have the cheap version (two holes on the string post), in different dimensions. (they're actually really good)

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  3. arnie5150

arnie5150 Tele-Meister

I echo what Weazel said. Wilkinson EZ locks are cheap and functional. Just installed a set on my Chinese knock off and they work well.

ping-ping-clicka and Weazel like this.
  4. arnie5150

arnie5150 Tele-Meister

DO they have on screw per tuner on the back of the headstock or are they the trapezoid style? If its the one screw variety the Wilkinson should drop right in .

5. Boreas

Boreas Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I like vintage-style tuners with split shafts. I prefer them to lockers, and they are cheaper and lighter than lockers. Try some if you can find some to fit. But frankly, I have had no problems with my stock Bullet tuners.

6. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Gotoh SD19 tuners spec.png
    I was looking at these a few days ago for my CV50 - Gotoh SD91. They look exactly the same as vintage Kluson - they ARE self-locking, but do not have the big locking thumb wheel on the back! Here are the spec drawings. They are really nice - but not particularly cheap..
    From WD Music

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.