1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Best pedalboard tuner?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by backalleyblues, Feb 15, 2016.

1. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

+1 Turbo Tuner

The last tuner you'll ever need.

2. sclitheroe

sclitheroe Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Heh, I know what you are saying here - no, of course not. What I meant is that the Turbo Tuner is sensitive enough to pick up a difference in tuning depending on the orientation of the guitar (vertical vs horizontal), which is more than enough to do a proper intonation job.

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It depends how many parsecs the tuner is away from the guitar :cool:

4. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

It's like when you pull on a neck backwards and it'll go sharp, so when a guitar lays on it's back it'll do a similar thing to a smaller extent.

5. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's

Well, in the end I went with the Boss TU-3... set it up tonight, does seem to work just fine, and I know it will last... I left in Chromatic, 440 hz, which is what I usually use anyways (open tunings and all!). I was sorely tempted by the polytune (Sam Ash had them both, same price) but I went with something that I KNOW is drop-dead reliable-I gig way too much to not have totally reliable gear (3 gigs last weekend, 3 this coming weekend, including a huge festival!) and Boss, for better or worse, has never let me down.

Thanks again, hopefully some others will refer to this thread in the future-I didn't see anything quite like this when I searched, hence why I started this thread.

Franc Robert

6. dtulsa

dtulsa TDPRI Member

The best I've had is from Peterson strobe tuner stomp box version built like a tank accurate as can be priced at 199.00 online
    there are lots of others I just really like that one

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  7. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

I think Korg Pitchblack tuner was good. I like the soft switch! I also had a Boss TU-2, not bad at all... silent switching is also great!

Now, I'm just using a Mooer Baby Tuner, large display, fast to track and very small! Not bad at all.

8. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Yeah...Well they've all been mentioned and lauded too. I have more than one board also and a I have a Poly tune on one a TU-2 on another and a TU-3 on my main board but only because the plastic on the TU-2 I had on it to begin with got busted. They're all good and you can't go wrong choosing any of them...

9. MGibson

MGibson Tele-Meister

The Polytune is my favorite of the new breed. Haven't found anything that tracks as well as the old Arion Stagetuner.

10. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

I use a Boss TU3, reliable as a Telecaster.

11. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

I've got an original (non-mini) Polytune on my bigger board and it's a great tuner.
    Picked up a Korg DT-10 for cheap for my other board and I like it. Not all the features as the PT, but works fine.
    I also have a Peterson StroboStomp for home use (super accurate for setting intonation).

If I didn't have any of the above, I'd probably give the Turbo Tuner a serious look.

12. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

TU-3. Obviously.

13. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I got a Korg, about 4 years ago. After much travel and use it still works great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.