Best pedalboard & power solution for 6-7 small pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by alphasports, Apr 14, 2016.

1. 782369

782369 Tele-Meister

Oh man. I hope you don't use many digital pedals or you might have a bad time.

In my opinion you should not compromise when buying a power supply.
    If one cheap pedal stops functioning on a gig you're probably ok...If your whole pedalboard goes down because of cheap power supply, that's a real problem.

2. alphasports

alphasports TDPRI Member

Yeah, this is the one I recently tried from Amazon. Price was right, looked good, but the noise was awful.

3. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

This is exactly what I would do :)

4. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

There goes Jake, truthin it up again. I scored a PP2+/ PT Jr. combo with the soft case on Reverb for $110, which is kind of an insane deal, but I think if you go used, you can spend $160-$175 to get both of these, and it will really be the last money that you spend on the pedalboard platform. I easily spent more than that on supplies for janky homemade boards and garbagey non-isolated power supplies that bit the dust halfway through gigs before I got the PT Jr./PP2+.

The PT Jr. fits 8 standard Boss/MXR size enclosures comfortably, won't be a bad thing to have a couple spots if you want to expand.

5. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

Either the Voodoo Labs PP2+ or the Cioks DC5 would have my vote. The new small Strymon looks like it could be really cool, but it's not available yet and unproven (though Strymon quality in general is high).
    I have two PP2+'s on my big board and I'm getting the Cioks DC5 soon for my PT mini grab and go board. I was kind of holding off until the Strymon is released...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  6. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Poster Extraordinaire

I've never been interested in commercial pedal boards and have built my own since the 80s. Each of my three current working boards utilizes a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2. I have a box around here that contains a few Signal Flex PS9s, a Godlyke Power-All, and a Visual Sound 1 Spot. These I'll use at home occasionally, but the VL PP2s go to work with me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.