Best pedal for Rockabilly slapback?...

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I used the Dano BLT for years, but the Rogue "Analog" delay is more robust and true bypass. It is in sale right now at MF for dirt cheap. Has more than just slapback, but that is all I used it for.

DeVilleDude

Tele-Holic
I used the Dano BLT for years, but the Rogue "Analog" delay is more robust and true bypass. It is in sale right now at MF for dirt cheap. Has more than just slapback, but that is all I used it for.

+1 for the Rogue. Bought one years ago based on a similar post here. Does a great job, and I think I paid $19 new.

Paul in Colorado

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'm another Boss DD-2 player. But most any delay can do slapback pretty easily. I also have a used Digitech DigiDelay that I like as much as the Boss, plus it has different modes. I found it for around $50. on GC online.

iluvfender

Tele-Meister
I like my Aqua Puss and I love my Digitech Digidelay. Very good under the radar pedal and to me, sounds great with so many options. Very nice slapback, it's also preferred over my Flashback too

flaminratrod

TDPRI Member
i went through dozens of pedals looking for great slapback. none of em were any good to my ears but the cheaper ones were usually better like a vox double dekka. then i bought a pedal i had years ago that few mentioned for slapback. vintage eh deluxe memory man. took about 3 seconds to dial in three or four great slapbacks. all slightly different but all awesome. whatever pedal you get though i found on advice from an old rocker that you stick the delay pedal at the front of your chain, not the back and that works great. before you decide you dont like a certain pedal try it in the front of your pedal chain as well.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I really love my aging Boss DD-3
for slapback on Rockabilly, and some old country tunes...
I like the range in the controls as I know I go for a longer delay time ( perhaps a bit exaggerated) than maybe traditional, but IMO , I just think the sound can be.huge

cgharrison

TDPRI Member
Aqua puss is great for under $100 used, but if you’re addicted to slap back like me, the strymon deco is special. More expensive, but you also get a great tape-saturation boost, and really beautiful tape flange and chorus sounds (and I usually hate those effects!). I agree with most that say delay pedals are almost indistinguishable from one another when set for slap, but the deco just has this something extra that I find really inspiring when I play.

BWNadeau

Tele-Afflicted
I used to use an Aqua for slap, but I replaced it with a Deep Blue Delay hand-wired years ago and nothing touches it - not too bright, heavier tone, better feel.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Rocktron Short Timer (my former delay/slapback pedal).

MXR Carbon Copy (my current delay/slapback pedal).

Danelectro Dan-Echo (a pedal I've used and loved in the past)

NiceTele

Tele-Afflicted
I play a lot of rockabilly and use a cheap analogue delay I bought off eBay which sounds great- a generic Chinese pedal that comes under a few brand names.