1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Best Option?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by atk1, Aug 10, 2016.

1. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

Hello All! I'm new to TDPRI but this is the BEST site for all things Tele!

I currently have one of those old (2009) Roadworn Teles and I love it.. but GAS has got me and I really want a humbucker tele..

I'd love a single or double bound 60s tele with rosewood neck, hum or mini hum in the neck single coil bridge.. throw in a bigsby too!

With the exception of building one, what's the path of least resistence to one of these? Anyone have any advice?

2. cbayview

cbayview NEW MEMBER!

3. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

The OP is looking for a double bound 60's style Tele with a rosewood fretboard. I don't see anything on the site you linked to that even remotely resembles that. :rolleyes:

The "path of least resistance" probably starts out with a Squier Classic Vibe Tele Custom...

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier...ibe-telecaster-custom/0303030500.html#start=1

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

The Japanese built TL62. Candy Apple Red, double bound, rosewood board.
    Just needs a mini humbucker in the neck and you have an amazing Guitar.
    (I have one and I love it).

5. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

6. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

First of all, welcome to TDPRI! Was it your love & deep respect for the telecaster that brought you here?

For your first post, it kind of looks like you are shilling for Amazon. Not that I have anything against Amazon, but the forum has rules about promoting and you may want to look at those for future reference. Additionally, it's also possible to register as a vendor - many of the vendors here are highly respected sources of information.

Just sayin.

7. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

While I love the Telecaster, I cannot get behind this review. I have never seen a Telecaster that weighs in at 22 lbs., and the one shown does NOT have F holes. Someone should read over and edit their work before putting a website online, if they want to be taken seriously.

8. KevinB

When the crushreviews home page shows that they also review sewing machines, espresso makers, air hockey tables and toilets, you have to wonder about their credibility in reviewing guitars! :rolleyes:

9. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

AHH! My post seems to have gotten hijacked!

I've always been a Fender guy..but never a Tele guy until recently. I started with a Squire CV and moved on to a really good roadworn two tone..
    Now I'm GASing for a humbucker tele. I was just wondering if there was such a model that I described (bound, bigsby, rosewood neck, etc).. I can't seem to find all of that in one place.. The MIJ 62's are close.

If I decided to forgo the binding, are there particular tele models that have humbucker routing stock?

10. KevinB

I'd say that most Teles have the humbucker routing as stock. Certainly all the Standards do, although the Classics (including Vintage Reissues) typically don't.

Go take a look at The Stratosphere's website. You'll see lots of stripped Tele bodies and it will be obvious which models come with the HB route.

11. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

Got one! Putting a Duncan Antiquity HB in the neck and a Duncan JD in the bridge.

Attached Files:

12. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yikes - that is some specific stuff that often does not go together. Not that it doesn't go, just that you've hit a very slim niche? I'm sure it's out there, just no idea where.

13. cntry666

cntry666 Friend of Leo's

I would buy a Squier or Fender and then just buy all the parts. Any local repair guy will install everything for you. I put a humbucker on one of my Telecasters, personally the rails pickup I have on the other ones are better. The humbucker looks cool though. Happy hunting! [​IMG]

jvin248 likes this.
  14. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

ALL DONE! Man this one cooks! Duncan Antiquity in the neck and a Duncan JD in the bridge.. Its a great match.

cntry666 likes this.
  15. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Iago likes this.
  16. PhatBoy

PhatBoy Tele-Afflicted

Is it already routed for it?

17. atk1

atk1 Tele-Meister

My CIJ TL62 was not routed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.