Best Nitro to use with Mixol tints for relic build...

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by pgrace245, Jun 13, 2014.

1. pgrace245

pgrace245 Tele-Meister

I am planning a building to finish some bodies and necks in a relic nitro finish. I have everything I need to get started except the nitro. I have searched and searched and it seems that SW Hi-Bild Nitro is recommended for using Mixol tints for relic builds because it checks easily. I went to SW and they can only get it in large quantities for an arm and a leg. I am looking for just a gallon size amount. The other kind of SW nitro I can get by the gallon but I hear that doesn't check as well. Any one have any recommendations for a nitro I can use to mix with Mixol tints that will check easily and sold by the gallon? Thanks in advance.

2. Kennedycaster

Kennedycaster Tele-Afflicted

Watco is available in gallons & checks easily. Mixol works well in all lacquers.

Bob

3. pgrace245

pgrace245 Tele-Meister

That is what I had in mind. I can get it from my local Menards. Thanks for your input.

4. Outcaster

Outcaster Tele-Holic

When talking to Sherwin Williams you need to make sure you're talking to one of their industrial coatings stores. The stores that sell house paint can't get all of the nitro products and when they can sometimes can't get them by the gallon.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.