1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Best (IMHO) headphone rig...

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DrPepper, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I was planning on eventually trying alternatives to the Iridium. I had aspirations of getting a high-end audiophile headphone amplifier. I was dreaming of Italian headphones...

But, this combination of Iridium > Darkvoice > headphones (currently Sennheiser HD650) is astonishing. The Strymon does a great job and the tube HP amp is the finishing touch, giving the sound tube qualities.

Now, to capture what I amhearing...any suggestions? Have you seen z reviews setup?

Mike M likes this.
  2. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Meister

Totally agree with you on the Iridium. The gain is so great for the Vox and Marshall models, that you hardly need an overdrive or distortion pedal (at least for my playing)

The only thing that rivals it would be the Boss Waza Air Headphones, for that completely freeing unplugged feeling.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.