Best Fender Strat £500-£800 budget - help please!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Benjobobs, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Benjobobs

Benjobobs TDPRI Member

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice on what you guys think is the best bang for your buck Strat wise for £500-£800.

I've done quite a bit of research & options seem to be (I should say I want a Fender):

£500-£600 'Excellent to v.good' MIJ Stratocaster ST-STD (<10 years old) - w/ ceramic pups? basswood
    £700-800 'Excellent to v.good' MIJ Stratocaster RI (reissue) (<10 years old) - some w/ US pups (Texas specials etc.) alder
    £700-800 'good' Fujijen MIJ Stratocaster 57,62,72 RI (late 80's / early 90's) - again some w/ US pups - alder/basswood
    £650-800 'very good' MIA Highway One Stratocaster (10+ years old) - US pups (Texas specials) alder?

Or just a new MIM Player Series (c.£550)?- I will say I had a few of these last year & QC was a bit iffy I thought. On the plus side alnico pups.

Sorry Vintera range - I don't like the Pau Ferro...

Am I missing anything else? Any other options I should add to my list to look at? And of the above what would you choose?

Many thanks.

2. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Afflicted

Get the Player. Got mine.

The store I bought it from has free pre-delivery inspection and adjustment on their guitars, so any QC issues you might have had were probably dealt with.

No neck stickiness, frets smoothed over, no cutting edges, solid but easy to turn control knobs, and the only fingerprints on the body were the ones I put on it taking it out of the box.

I wish my local store was that efficient and that I wasn't in lockdown. I could use the distraction.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.