Best excuse for not practicing contest! Give us your winning excuses!!

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
It's critically important to set up my backing track, pedals, DAW, amp mic, metronome mic and headphones so I can detect being 2 milliseconds behind the beat while practicing the Am pentatonic scale for the 25398th time.

Duh!

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
I am setting up my #1, and #3 needs a new nut made which I am trying work myself up to do. #2 is in a case, and I would have to move things to open it up. So I am just reading TDPRI and trying to get motivated to work on 1 and 3.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
One more:

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late

Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
and somebody spoke and...it was my wife saying "Hey, I thought you were practicing!"

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
My hand fell off and my dog ate it. I gave him a buncha sliders, and I got it back, rinsed it off with Everclear and superglued it back on. Good as new.
Off hand, that’s the crappiest excuse yet. Extra points for including alcohol and sticking to your excuse…

I don't have enough pickups in my tele. I need at least 4 pickups in order to have a meaningful practice.
Right? Finally, someone gets it…

My wife has a headache.
Ahh that old chessnut. Shouldn’t that be an excuse TO practice tho?🤔

I was unable to practice today, because I saw this thread, and was distracted trying to come up with an answer to the question.
My work here is complete then…

I’m dating a supermodel.