Best EQ Pedal for guitar-bass amp

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Nevets306, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Nevets306

Nevets306 NEW MEMBER!

Throwing my guitar into a bass amp with octave down pedal and a guitar amp. Sometimes the bass amp situation is great and can get very good subby bass sound but sometimes it is terrible so I figure my best bet is to get some sort of EQ pedal that I can cut the highs and boost the lows / possibly volume boost too or some sort of warming boost pedal with the same kind of EQ possibilities. Any thoughts on what to get?

2. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Empress ParaEQ (has a boost function as well).

3. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

4. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's

The MXR 10 band is a workhorse for sure, but lately I have been using the Source Audio programmable eq. I like being able to store curves and recall them.

5. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

6. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's

I'd suggest this if you can find one at a good price. Being able to sweep those freq bands around is great. You probably need a cut down at 25-40hz range and slight boost around 160. If you feel bottom end is getting blown out to often you should consider a bass limiter like Keeley bass comp/limiter. There's a reason why HPF's and limiters are essential tools for a lot of bassists

[​IMG]

7. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

I've also used this for tone shaping the way you describe on my guitar board, AND as a boost on my bass board. The treble control rolls off the high frequency. And the low control can really fatten up the signal. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1456755266.240606.jpg

8. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I got one of these a few weeks ago. I don't know how I ever lived without it. Electric, bass, acoustic, it does wonders with everything.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.