Best Currently Produced Mexican Tele

ricardo1912

Friend of Leo's
If the Vintera is basically a Baja, that would get my vote. Def one of Fender's best models. If they were still being made I'd say a Cabronita was worth a look, if only because the pickups are a lot of fun and the necks are really good.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
I agree with Fendereedo if one has to go the 'new' route, the Ventera is top tier. I thought about the Ventera, but bought a used 93 Am Tele in excellent shape, for the same cost. Did I enjoy my MIM FSR swamp ash when I had it? Immensely.

xtrajerry

Doctor of Teleocity
If you want a telecaster deluxe. The Chris Shiflett tele is nice and you can usually get good deals on them. Signature models are a tough sell for Fender. Plus you get a hard case. I got over 20 percent off on mine by just asking. Dealer had it for over a year. New in case. Hotter pick ups than my Vintera telecaster deluxe
Always ask, never order online or do online chat, pickup the phone and ask. 20% was always the standard discount.

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
The one that tempts me most just now is the Noventa. I'd be putting a GK-3 hex pickup on there too drive my GP-10 so the single P90 wouldn't be a limiting factor, but even just as guitar-into-amp it's a quirky, appealing and cost-effective guitar.
View attachment 990034
Yeah, I would be tempted as well. I like everything about this guitar. If I didn't have so many already, I would be on it like flies on ......