1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Best budget thinlines?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Exoventure, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Exoventure

Exoventure NEW MEMBER!

Hey everyone, was wondering what thinline tele would you pick up under $300?
    I've only ever played a cheap les paul for about a year. I was personally looking at the firefly thinlines. I was curious about the CNZ audio one too, their butterscotch looks gorgeous but there is absolutely no reviews about it or their other guitars, only their effect pedals. I want something just to get a taste of thinline telecasters since I don't know if it's my thing.
    Also would be a huge plus if I can throw a bigsby tremo B5 on their too. But I would love to hear from you guys since you guys probably have better recommendations than what I can scrounge up from old dead threads.

P.S (Used is absolutely fine too.) I know Harley Benton has a couple thinlines, but I'm not gonna lie I don't like how either look. Preferably light weight and single coil. (I already have a les Paul might as well get something as different as possible.)

2. alexman

alexman TDPRI Member

I would just go to some pawn shops you may stumble upon a good deal.i played a cnz guitar recently it played pretty well.i think squier makes a thin line tele if I'm not mistaken.

3. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Squier CV '69 Thinline is an awesome, lower priced Thinline and a great platform for modding up!

I acquired this one as a totally stripped-down mahogany body, then built it up with Fender neck and other custom components. It is easily among my favorite Teles.

[​IMG]

I'd say look for a used one and play it as is, or mod it up, if you wish to.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Theorage and jrblue like this.
  4. Esquier

Esquier TDPRI Member

both my Teles have maple fingerboards, and my first ever Tele was rosewood... That thinline is a beaut

DHart likes this.
  5. Esquier

Esquier TDPRI Member

I played a black P90 version one time. It was very resonant and different from a solid Tele. Just great sounding Black Doves

6. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

I'd skip the Firefly junk and go for a used Squier or the like. The nasture of a Thinline lends itself to robotic production and you don't need exotic PUs and parts to get a great performance out of one. They can be genuinely excellent guitars juyst as they are. No need to step down to a Firefly.

DHart likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.