Best "Bang For Your Buck" Strat Copy?

oldmark

Tele-Holic
Squiers, but not the Bullet...

I just became a fan of Squier Strats, and I am AMAZED at the quality of various versions...For the best guitar available under $100, look for a used SE, a Squier PAK guitar from maybe 10 years ago...they are full size Strats where the Bullet is a smaller body. Bodies on the SE's are solid wood, either agathis or basswood. They have GREAT rather fat necks with the same nut as the American Standard Strat and a very nice rosewood board. I have one right now that I got for under $80, and I have another scheduled to get here today that I paid $69 for. The pickups are ceramic, but not really bad with good strings and a good setup. These guitars accept all parts that will fit in any import Strat, even a MIM, and there are some around for around $50...

Also, the older Squier Standard Strats are first rate guitars-they mifght set you back $80 - $100. They are better than my old MIM, have GREAT very hot Alnico pickups and are very good with NO mods at all. This is my go-to Strat now.

Here's a few pics of 2 of mine...The blue one is a !990's Korean made Squier Standard and the burst is a 2001 Squier SE...

Added: Old US made Peaveys are fantastic guitars, but they are getting a bit expensive as more people learn that fact...

Attachments

• DSCN2075.jpg
    DSCN2075.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN2076.jpg
    DSCN2076.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN0418.jpg
    DSCN0418.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0422.jpg
    DSCN0422.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 76

3 Chord

Friend of Leo's
I have an ESP LTD ST-213. Decent strat like guitar for less than 2 bills used. Not for everyone though, 12" radius and big frets. But alder body and full size pots with AlNiCo pups. Quite ok.

JDRNoPro

Friend of Leo's
Squier Affinity or SX would be my choice. Someone mentioned the Harley Benton brand in Europe. Another thought - SX guitars are also available in Europe, but I believe those sold over there still have the Fender shape headstocks. You might check what they could be purchased for after you arrive.