best-bands-of-all-time

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
Where's Radiohead?

Chilli Peppers?

Seems a little generationally biased...

I'm a Doors fan, but they seem like an obvious one to replace on that list with either of the two above mentioned bands.

Last edited:

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Kind of a narrow net. I’m not arguing against any of those bands being great but that’s a razor thin representation.
Whatever. Lists are fun and dumb.

Kinda looks like my dad Googled “rock band” and just copied it over.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
It's all about the $$$ earned in Sales.. 🙃🤩
I'm pretty sure RHCP has outsold the Doors, but maybe I'm crazy and the effect of inflated numbers then and pirated music now makes the difference. Also, if we're going by numbers, wouldn't the Backstreet Boys or New Kids on the Block be on this list?

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Kind of a narrow net. I’m not arguing against any of those bands being great but that’s a razor thin representation.
Whatever. Lists are fun and dumb.

Kinda looks like my dad Googled “rock band” and just copied it over.
^^^8 bands from the '60s to early '70s. 2 bands from the late '80s to '90s. Some pretty thin slivers of years to represent decades of music.

loopfinding

Poster Extraordinaire
the fact it's based on sales, or looking at the other articles featuring statistics...this person seems like some nerd who doesn't really understand music, and thinks that data analysis can unlock some "truths" about music. i would imagine that they consider the "best" guitarist to be the one who can play the most notes per minute, or classical music to be the "best" genre because of measured "complexity," or how music is "worse" today because it's markedly repetitive or some equally asinine metric and method. i know it's just for giggles, but it sort of betrays a way of looking at the arts/subjective matters that is repugnant.

Last edited:

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
They missed the single greatest band of all time.

th-563310170.jpg